pre-workout advice?

Options
kind of wanna try it, opinions ans thoughts on it?

Replies

• Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pre-workouts have their place. I like them because I tend to be at the gym within half an hour of getting out of bed.

I would say that if you're going to try a typical high caffeine load stimulant like C4 for example that you should spend a few days, up to a week, without much or any dietary caffeine. After quitting or decreasing your intake you will feel the full effect of the supplement. Even without the clean out period it is still a pretty strong kick so start with the 1 scoop dose and see how it goes from there.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I took two scoops of Musle Pharm's Assault with 5mg's of Yohimbine HCL.10 minutes later looked like this:

Shocked1.bmp

Worked out with intense lifting for 90 minutes and felt no fatigue whatsoever. I had to leave the gym to other stuff, and for the next hour constantly had to keep myself from having a huge panic attack. "Breatheeee! No you're not having a heart attack. Oh God I'm having a heart attack!"
  • SusanB148
    SusanB148 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you are new to working out, my advice is to take it easy for the fist few weeks so you won't get too sore and become discouraged.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    try cellucor c4 not so many stims in it but still is a great pre workout drink
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Pre-workouts ... personally I have coffee , used to take Jack3D but you get addicted and eventually don't want to train without it (dead serious). I don't think a pre-workout is vital to optimise gym "performance" . Get pumped and work hard without them ;)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I can't give any decent advice on what to try or what to stay away from, but I can give you honest advice that you don't *need* them to have great results in your workout. I tend to believe that many supplements work through the placebo effect...meaning, they do something...ever so slight...but you want them work...so in your mind they are awesome things to have...but in reality you could have done without. If that makes sense?
  • Squirrel1601
    Options
    A few months ago I took two scoops of Musle Pharm's Assault with 5mg's of Yohimbine HCL.10 minutes later looked like this:

I use half a scoop of Assault and find that's enough for me. What's best for you probably depends on the type of workout you are doing - weights or cardio, and what your goals are. Pre-workouts not essential in my opinion.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    A positive outlook is my preworkout!

Just kidding, someday I'll try one of these caffeine cocktails or whatever. :wink: