Looking to lose 20lbs!

Options
2»

Replies

• smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    tsornoza wrote: »
    I lost 20 lbs over the last two months need to lose another 20 before my milestone birthday in July. I was in a challenge that just ended need motivation to keep going. Have two weddings in May would like to get another 10 off
    How did you lose 20 in two months?? Pls share!

I also lost 20 lbs in two months, 15 in January and 5 in February. In January I did a low calorie vegetarian diet and in February just a regular low calorie diet.

Also looking to lose 20 more by my birthday in July! Anyone can friend me!
  • DawnRose120
    DawnRose120 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in. Need to lose 20 lbs by June 10th for my sister bday.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I just lost 20 lbs and looking to lose another 10 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • HalloweenEve
    HalloweenEve Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm with you. I'm a former too thin person. I'd say I was anorexic....5'9"-115-120 lbs. for a good part of my adult life. 5-6 years ago my long-term job ended, and the sudden life change was too much for me. I became severely depressed, I saw my doc, and he put me on an antidepressant which has, thank God, given me my life back. Unfortunately, it, also, gave me 50 lbs. that really didn't work well with my new couch potato lifestyle. So, I am more active now...thanks to my husband who was able to retire 2 months ago. I'm changing my eating, and walking at least 30-40 min. a day. The weight is not budging, and I'm seriously wondering it it ever will. I'm about 175 lbs. and would like to make my goal weight between 150-155 lbs.
  • jmo7748
    jmo7748 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please add me too if you like. I have just lost 10lbs need to lose another 15.
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm with you. I'm a former too thin person. I'd say I was anorexic....5'9"-115-120 lbs. for a good part of my adult life. 5-6 years ago my long-term job ended, and the sudden life change was too much for me. I became severely depressed, I saw my doc, and he put me on an antidepressant which has, thank God, given me my life back. Unfortunately, it, also, gave me 50 lbs. that really didn't work well with my new couch potato lifestyle. So, I am more active now...thanks to my husband who was able to retire 2 months ago. I'm changing my eating, and walking at least 30-40 min. a day. The weight is not budging, and I'm seriously wondering it it ever will. I'm about 175 lbs. and would like to make my goal weight between 150-155 lbs.

Hey just a note about the walking, I walked not kidding 2 hours a day.. never lost substantial weight .. it doesn't knock off enough calories.. Got an elliptical lost more weight in 1 month than I would have all Summer.. I did lose weight once fast walking but that was when I did 3-4 hours a day.. just a fyi that it isn't you! I've lost now 15 pounds .. hope that helps.

• Katherine1391
    Katherine1391 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a little accountability as well. I'm 5'8, currently weighing in at 177... My normal weight is 150-155, but 6 months of traveling and constant eating out has greatly affected my lifestyle. My goal is to be below 160 by mid June for a wedding, and ultimately to be between 145-155. I normally have a workout partner, but I'm currently in an environment where I don't have anyone because of work schedules and other factors...so I'm attempting to find some support through this app to help keep me on track. If anyone has similar goals please feel free to add me, I'd love to help us all keep each other motivated and strong.
  • shorarawi
    shorarawi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm working on loseing 20lb too
  • ldw123086
    ldw123086 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20 by end of June :) lets do this together!
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll join the ranks too. I need to look my best. Summer is coming quickly! Friend me if you like! @gingerbee33
  • pitbullmommy15
    pitbullmommy15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I as well live in So Cal.. What area are you from? I'm currently at 159 and would like to loose at least 20 of the 30lbs I've put on this past year.. I could really use all the motivation I can get to stay on track...
  • soul_survivor
    soul_survivor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    trying to lose 20lbs or more for my wedding day..............................................................
  • sarayu_sadan
    sarayu_sadan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in

• rebabee
    rebabee Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I became severely depressed, I saw my doc, and he put me on an antidepressant which has, thank God, given me my life back. Unfortunately, it, also, gave me 50 lbs. that really didn't work well with my new couch potato lifestyle.

I hear you. I've had a lot of hormonal problems this last year and am on birth control, so I'm fighting with my body's chemistry too. The weight is really hard to get off. Before the bc I had previously lost 60lbs by eating well and exercise. After I started taking it, I gained back 15lbs and everything I did before wasn't working. My hormones also mess with my moods so I can get depressed and really unmotivated. That's why I started on here. I need the support and to be with people who feel the same. We can do this! If we are doing the right stuff, I have to think eventually being healthier is going to pay off on the scale... or at least in the dress size! Keep going!
  • rebabee
    rebabee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a little accountability as well. I'm 5'8, currently weighing in at 177... My normal weight is 150-155, but 6 months of traveling and constant eating out has greatly affected my lifestyle. My goal is to be below 160 by mid June for a wedding, and ultimately to be between 145-155. I normally have a workout partner, but I'm currently in an environment where I don't have anyone because of work schedules and other factors...so I'm attempting to find some support through this app to help keep me on track. If anyone has similar goals please feel free to add me, I'd love to help us all keep each other motivated and strong.

Eating out and work scheduling are two of my problems as well. If I cook at home, I know what I'm eating (and I don't put a basket of bread or tortillas in front of myself as an appetizer!). And my days off are in the middle of the week while my friends are at work. I think this community will be good, though. It's motivating to see the updates... Soandso burned 200 calories at the gym. It sort of feels like having an accountability partner. Good luck on reaching your goals for that June wedding. You can definitely do it! And let me know if you have any good ideas about staying healthy while eating out.
  • sullivank792
    sullivank792 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My overall goal is to lose 26 more pounds, but I'm hoping to lose 18 more pounds just in time for my cruise in August! I've always had a hard time staying motivated, especially in the past year, but it's great to see everyone on here motivating each other! I just started a kickboxing class recently, and I love it! If anyone has the time and a little extra money, it's a great way to workout and strengthen your body while burning fat! Good luck to everyone! :)
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have far too many pounds to lose. after a tough year last year I ballooned to 210 (I'm 5'7" and 35). would like to get to 185 by the beginning of July before heading on to my next goal. Please feel free to add me. am doing a weigh in with my parents each week but the more the merrier. :)