Pizza???

Options
gravesmelissa90
gravesmelissa90 Posts: 3 Member
I miss pizza! Have any of you found any yummy healthy, low cal alternatives to satisfy that pizza craving? Please and thank you!

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I actually eat pizza (pepperoni). But I only have one slice, with a salad. Or two slices if I have saved for it. I have seen some alternatives that look good (on tortillas, for example). You can also do a thin crust with veggies. One of the chains used to have a pizza they called the edge, and I loved it with all the veggies.
  • JLKuhse
    JLKuhse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make my own on a high fiber low carb tortilla. Limit the cheese and add low fat products, but it does the trick!
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Why cut it out? Pizza hut personal pan pizza, light cheese, crushed tomato pizza sauce, and grilled chicken. Each slice is 130 calories, that 520 calories for the entire thing. Check out Pizza Hut's nutritional calculator and play around with the toppings you like. You might be surprised what you can fit into your plan. :smile:
  • Cuddlefish08
    Cuddlefish08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza from scratch and its low carb and the entire 8" pizza is only 198 calories. I make the crust from cauliflower and bake it with either pesto, or tomato sauce and top it with tomatoes, grilled chicken, fresh mozerella and basil. It relatively easy to make...less than an hr.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I live in Italy, so it's hard to substitute low cal stuff for a pizza. A great pizza is a treat for me. I use it as such--a couple of slices a week. Otherwise I feel deprived. I would just study how much I could fit in on a high exercise day, and enjoy!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    sawyeram wrote: »
    Why cut it out? Pizza hut personal pan pizza, light cheese, crushed tomato pizza sauce, and grilled chicken. Each slice is 130 calories, that 520 calories for the entire thing. Check out Pizza Hut's nutritional calculator and play around with the toppings you like. You might be surprised what you can fit into your plan. :smile:

@sawyeram I think I :heart: you!
    OMG! I'm having a NON CAULIFLOWER PIZZA TONIGHT!!!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    If it aint broke, dont fix it. Double pepperoni from Dominos for me....
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I really like Flatout flat breads as a pizza base. The wrap is between 90 and 130 calories depending on the variety you choose. I usually find them in the deli or bakery section of the grocery store. Then add toppings and heat. It's not the real thing, but if you choose your toppings well, it can be a nice substitute. I also like using a tbsp of olive oil and some bread dipping seasoning and parmesan to make garlic sticks. Higher end on the calories because of the olive oil, but you can eat the whole thing for 250 calories or less. Goes great with a nice salad. Hmm. now I want goat cheese and mushroom pizza.....
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Low carb Toast/bread/flatbread
    Sauce (I like marinara)
    Toppings
    Low fat mozz
    Toast/bake in oven
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Make a low fat dough: http://pizzacrustyeast.com/recipes_landing.html
    Roll it thin

Add your favorite sauce, 2% mozzarella, and turkey pepperoni (70% less fat) toss on assorted veggies.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a slice with friends when you can. You can have a big salad with it. But if you really crave it at home make it yourself. That way you know what is going in it. I make pizza on a tortilla. If you place a cookie sheet in the oven when you preheat, the tortilla will get really crisp. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/04/tomato-and-breakfast-bacon-pizza.html
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    definitely make your own pizza, its not too hard and you can really tell what goes in it without it having any hidden resturant measurements. Alternatively I'd order a pizza, thin crust without cheese, when I eat out and ask for no extra oil. Just measure out your own amount of Parmesan and seasoning, takes the guesswork out of "how much cheese and oil did they REALLY add to the pizza.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Life without pizza is no life at all.

If you really want to have pizza, say on a Friday night, you can also limit your calories a bit more throughout the week to give yourself some extra wiggle room on pizza night.

My "fake" pizza is a pizza quesadilla. I put cheese, pepperoni, etc in between two tortillas and grill it on the stove, and then dip it in pizza sauce.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm a pizza junkie so I have a few go to's I like to use. I make homemade naan bread, not hard to do, and use that as a crust. I bake slices of eggplant and add sauce cheese toppings and bake again. And I've finally gotten cauliflower crust just the way I like it.
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love pizza. Last night I had a mushroom slice and a large salad. Yum! Worth every calorie.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza and highly suggest everyone else does too. It is not difficult at all and if you have a grill or outdoor pizza oven, you can make amazing pizzas. You'll never settle for Papa Dominos crap again.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    just make it fit your macros / calories. Problem sorted!
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I really like Flatout flat breads as a pizza base. The wrap is between 90 and 130 calories depending on the variety you choose. I usually find them in the deli or bakery section of the grocery store. Then add toppings and heat. It's not the real thing, but if you choose your toppings well, it can be a nice substitute. I also like using a tbsp of olive oil and some bread dipping seasoning and parmesan to make garlic sticks. Higher end on the calories because of the olive oil, but you can eat the whole thing for 250 calories or less. Goes great with a nice salad. Hmm. now I want goat cheese and mushroom pizza.....

I do this sometimes too! The Italian herb version is yummy. put a few slices of pepperoni on it and its pretty good. Mostly i just save for it and have real pizza. But this is pretty good too!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I love pizza too much, as well as any other food :). If you can't get the regular crust to fit your calories, maybe try thin crust or make your own pizza at home. You can work your own pizza to suit
    your calorie needs. If you make your own dough, after it's first rise, you can weigh out a portion for calories you can consume and press it out onto your pan and then give it time to raise (bit more than usual). That's what I do and I get the benefit of a lower cal crust that isn't necessarily thin, because I allowed it to raise for more time. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I make flatout pizzas now which is a great alternative