5:2 Fast Diet

Options
Anyone had success with this? I am keen to try it for various reasons. Can anyone tell me if I should eat back an exercise cals on a fast day? I burn approx 500 so that's burning my daily intake.

Replies

• louise3uk
    louise3uk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's great :) but it's no quick fix, you can lose about a pound a week. You need to stick to 500 cals on fast days and no you can't eat back exercise calories. If you want to count calories on normal days then you need to work out your TDEE and that's the number of calories you can have on a non-fast day
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and I can see a lot of merit and was surprisingly easy. Quite a few friends and family love it. However it's not clear to me why you can't eat back your calories (I did). My niece was doing 5-2 and was exercising a lot (gym personnel trainer etc) and fainted for this reason of not eating back calories.

I think you should always strive to for a better diet of less processed food etc on all days of the diet and don't eat badly on you non-fast days. This was not the case shown on the Michael Mosley
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms
    I say this because if you cut loose on those non-fast days I feel you could develop more of a junk food hankering. If you stop doing 5-2 you may be left with 7 days of junk food if you get my drift.
  • KateD0707
    KateD0707 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. I know a few people who have done very well on it and felt great too. I don't have lots to use so am happy for a slow and steady loss. on non fast days I would be looking at about 1700 Kcals. I may try eating back my excercise cals on non fast days for the first two weeks to see how it goes.
  • arooj_zaidi
    arooj_zaidi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 5.7" and 94kg wat if I restrict myself at 900calories 5days n 2 days wd 1200 of week wd excercise of 300 cal burnt....is it going to mk a diffrnce??anybody did this??
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Im 5.7" and 94kg wat if I restrict myself at 900calories 5days n 2 days wd 1200 of week wd excercise of 300 cal burnt....is it going to mk a diffrnce??anybody did this??

For 5:2, it's two days at 500 calories and five at maintenance/TDEE. If you aren't following it, you should be eating at least 1200 a day after exercise.