Batman V. Superman

Options
tayter_tot7
tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
If you saw the movie what did you think?

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The critics hated it I saw it and I liked it but I'm a DC fan
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge DC fan and Man of Steel really disappointed me. So I am kind of scared to watch it.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge DC fan as well, but every DC movie disappoints me... unless it's animated.
  • Xsd87
    Xsd87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are saying it was a good movie despite what the critics' say. Ill wait for dvd tho
  • megzchica23
    Options
    I'm a huge DC fan as well, but every DC movie disappoints me... unless it's animated.

Truth. :(
  • DaddieCat
    Options

Luckily the animated universe is so freakin' awesome and outweighs the live action.
  • megzchica23
    Options

Luckily the animated universe is so freakin' awesome and outweighs the live action.

Yes, it is. I own tons of them. I have fallen behind. There are a lot I need to see now but time...
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options

Hmmmmm...although most of the DC output has been disappointing Nolan's Batman Trilogy was bloody good!...
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    babason2 wrote: »

Hmmmmm...although most of the DC output has been disappointing Nolan's Batman Trilogy was bloody good!...

I will agree with that... but for some reason, when I think of DC movies, those don't really fall in that category. That's probably just a bit of cognitive dissonance on my cart, since they seem to be the exceptions rather than the rule (that DC movies are less than sub-par).
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This movie just wasn't "fun". It was an enjoyable movie if I turned my fanboy glasses off though. Not very kid friendly though (we had to make our 5 yo cry about not seeing it after we saw it and decided it was too intense for him).

• saraht350
    saraht350 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I saw it the other day...first 30 mins boring as hell then
  • saraht350
    saraht350 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I saw it with my husband and his friend, who are both comic book geeks. The general consensus was that if you're a die hard fan, you're going to have complaints, but for the average Joe it was not too bad. My issue with it was that Batman has always been a very cerebral, intelligent character, but in this movie he was too brawny and all roid rage. And the fight scenes where Batman was fighting multiple people were really contrived.
  • IHateUserNames23
    IHateUserNames23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Didnt care for it
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i saw it ..I thought that the beginning was kind of slow, but I enjoyed the last 45 minutes of it...I would say it was good...
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I saw it. It's good.
  • Hiro_Protagonist
    Hiro_Protagonist Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I will give you my humble opinion of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" without providing spoilers. It went above and beyond my expectations. My first concern was the casting of Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne: well I have to say he really stepped up to the plate and delivered; His performance as Batman was impeccable and dark as f**k, as Bruce Wayne I felt he did an admirably job but Christian Bale owned that role so well that the the critics were probably so harsh on him since he had such large shoes to fill. Both Superman and Wonder Woman played their parts well. The costumes and effects were utterly amazing. I found the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor to be a poor choice. I believe they did it to appeal to younger audiences but all I could think of was him as Mark Zuckerberg in "The Social Network". I think the critics are ripping into the film harshly because DC Entertainment has taken two very pivotal milestones in DC comic history, that being that being Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Death of Superman" and using artistic license to create an amalgamation that works for the medium of film. Comic purists will secretly enjoy the movie but debate the inconsistencies to no end and film critics will bemoan the fact it didn't live up to the hype (seriously how could it). A lot darker than Avengers. ★★★★☆

• joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's for the whole family - seemed to me it was a little too violent for younger kids.
  • Hiro_Protagonist
    Hiro_Protagonist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    joolie1234 wrote: »
    I don't think it's for the whole family - seemed to me it was a little too violent for younger kids.

I edited that out thanks. I was thinking about my family and our teenage daughter that saw it. (15yrs old)