Pasta at night?

Options
DanPJ80
DanPJ80 Posts: 10 Member
I have a hard time gaining weight, but I've always heard that pasta at night is a NO NO. I workout from 10-11pm and right after I have my protein shake and pasta with bologna sauce when I get home 11:30sh pm. BTW I'm 35 years old...

Replies

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Does your owners manual say you can't eat pasta after dark? No? Don't have one? Guess you can!

Doesn't matter what you eat when. If it fits and you want to eat it, go for it.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't affect body composition on a scale that matters. It's just calories in, calories out (with correct macro ratios) over an average time span. Eat when it suits you best.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any reason why pasta at night would be a NO NO. I just wouldn't eat it in bed. Too messy.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Time doesn't affect calories. The thought process was from a study that noted that when people ate at night they were eating more calories, and so they shouldn't eat at night.
  • DanPJ80
    DanPJ80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im trying to focus on abs so thats the reason. Not sure if body is capable of burning that over night... thanks for the input.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Im trying to focus on abs so thats the reason. Not sure if body is capable of burning that over night... thanks for the input.

This is not how it works...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

It takes hours and hours for your body to digest food. Our bodies do not turn off when we're sleeping. Our digestive tracks do not say "11 o'clock, I'm out!" The entire idea of not eating anything past a certain time is built on nonsense. Your abs will not be affected by the time at which you eat spaghetti. They will be affected by how many total calories of anything you eat over the course of time.