Fat buring coffee!?!?

Options
So recently I was given a few packets of this 'fat burning' coffee. It's made by Javita. Apparently it's this big thing, but I question pretty much everything that says it's a magic fat burning thing. It contains ingredients like Yerba mate , green bean coffee grounds and garcinia cambojia which apparently makes it some metabolism boosting fat blocking super coffee.

I was wondering if people have tried coffee, or the supplements you can by made from those ingredients and legit had results? I mean I initially don't have much fat to lose more like an annoying layer of adipose... but gym can tighten that. I'll drink the coffee either way because apparently its good coffee, I was just wondering!

:D

Replies

• Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's the old story - if it seems too good to be true it probably is. There are no magic fixes for weight loss, just eat less and move more. Good luck!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Most "fat burners" increase your metabolism by a very insignificant amount, maybe 1-2% which is around an extra 10-50 calories depending on who is using them. This isn't much but it can make the difference of a couple of pounds of fat every month, although the price of them probably isn't worth that. You'd be better doing a walk for an extra 10 minutes a day, free and just as effective.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I workout for an hour at least a day, sometimes I walk... other times I strength train. So don't worry I am not replying solely on some magic coffee. It was just given to me so I was wondering what the hype was about lol :p

But coffee, is coffee... and im all for that. *coffee addict*
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I will start off by saying that no pill, shake, coffee, or program will truly work without some effort. I work out, it is my stress relief from my social work position. I eat healthy for the most part, unless I just feel like having a cheat meal. I have been drinking Javita for almost a year now. I have lost 17 pounds, 11 inches total. I keep resetting my scale here each time I start a new exercise regime so it shows my 8 recent ones from my new program and Javita combined. The coffee controls appetite and helps burn fat. I was skeptical, too, but had tried everything under the sun and the scale hadn't moved for me. My friend sold me Javita and I drank it saying "Here goes nothing." She made me a believer when the scale finally moved. And yes, before anyone points it out, I now sell it. I figure why not spread the word for something that has actually worked for me? Had the gym done it by itself I would be spreading the word about In Shape, but it didn't solely do it for me. Again, coffee won't give you magic results without some effort, but it certainly helps the body adjust and I am able to get through my 12 hour work days, my "mom" duties, and still have time to circuit train at night and workout when I want to. Prior to Javita I had no energy for all of that and I ended up exhausted every single day. Those days are no more!