Favorite k-cup

Options
MamaFunky
MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
I just got a k10 not to long ago and really enjoy it. I usually only have one cup of coffee in the mornings, then one after lunch so the single serve option works out well for me.

I have enjoyed trying the different brands/flavors. So far my favorite is Harris Teeter French vanilla. Anyone else have some favorites?

Replies

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    2j5jcih.jpg
  • MamaFunky
    edited March 2016
    Options
    2j5jcih.jpg

not those types of cups. :wink: :smiley: (this really made me lol)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I tried to GIS k-cup...but I think I just alerted IT...
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Dark Magic. I am answering this question seriously despite the eye-popping distractions. .
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    The one I can refill with whatever coffee I'm into at the time.
  • MamaFunky
    Options

I tried a reusable one, but it didn't work to well. What brand refillable cup to you use?
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    Dark Magic. I am answering this question seriously despite the eye-popping distractions. .

I've seen the Dark Magic. I'll have to try that one. Thanks!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »

I tried a reusable one, but it didn't work to well. What brand refillable cup to you use?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/35438038?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228024104291&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40345668992&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78311324072&veh=sem

I found the secret was to leave a little more headspace from the fill-line than you think you need. Used it many times and have only had it be spilly and weird before I started putting a little less in. Even with less there's more grounds than in the disposable ones.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Okay.. so this confuses me a bit. . There are dozens of CHEAP single cup (non-k-cup) coffee makers on the market . Why pony up $100 for a Keurig?. . I'm not being sarcastic. .I really am curious about this.

Also, if you buy a sampler pack of k-cups or a few different boxes of your favorite flavors, you get this same benefit. This is what makes my Keurig worth the money: variety with no clean-up.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but this concept of K-cup is irritating to me. Last year there was approximately 9 BILLION k-cups in our landfills! I'm sure this year it's even more due to the popularity of these things.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

Okay.. so this confuses me a bit. . There are dozens of CHEAP single cup (non-k-cup) coffee makers on the market . Why pony up $100 for a Keurig?. . I'm not being sarcastic. .I really am curious about this.

Also, if you buy a sampler pack of k-cups or a few different boxes of your favorite flavors, you get this same benefit. This is what makes my Keurig worth the money: variety with no clean-up.

I actually grind and French press daily and don't own a Keurig...lol. I just know these work because my friend has one we take on fishing trips and I bought the reusable ones because I hate the thought of throwing all the cups away. Especially when it's like 6-8 per day between the two of us. Plus it's an insanely lower cost if you just have to buy and grind beans.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but this concept of K-cup is irritating to me. Last year there was approximately 9 BILLION k-cups in our landfills! I'm sure this year it's even more due to the popularity of these things.

Thank you. I didn't want to be the one.
  • MamaFunky
    Options

I agree with the above, but I guess the same argument could be made for yogurt cups, cottage cheese cups, pudding cups, protein bar wrappers, etc. I need to look into getting one of the reusable k-cup to use. I enjoy the convenience of just making one cup of coffee at a time, so using the reusable cup helps with cost, as well as waste.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

I agree with the above, but I guess the same argument could be made for yogurt cups, cottage cheese cups, pudding cups, protein bar wrappers, etc. I need to look into getting one of the reusable k-cup to use. I enjoy the convenience of just making one cup of coffee at a time, so using the reusable cup helps with cost, as well as waste.

The things you mentioned are mostly recyclable. K cups are not. They make one cup then go in the trash.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

The things you mentioned are mostly recyclable. K cups are not. They make one cup then go in the trash.
    http://www.plasticsnews.com/article/20150916/NEWS/150919945/keurig-to-transition-to-recyclable-pp-for-k-cups

Personally, I stick to Kroger brand reusable K-Cup because it's cheaper than buying individual cups.

• tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Debbie, you can buy recyclable k-cups now
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    tcarp8 wrote: »

Debbie, you can buy recyclable k-cups now

That is very cool - hope those that use the regular ones switch over! I'm sure the company just responded to what consumers were asking for!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Dolly Parton
  • edwinhalo2016
    edwinhalo2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Raspberry chocolate truffle
  • TurtlePacer
    TurtlePacer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Verona K-cup - at work or when we travel and our hotel has a Keurig.

I prefer to buy fresh beans and grind, I use a french press, it helps me to not have more than 1-2 cups. I find that if I drink coffee all day, I feel hungry and downhill I go. Plus I am a dairy-free flavored creamer user....to much sugar!!