Need good Granola Bar recipe [Gluten Free/ Added Sugar & sugar substitute free/ Vegetarian]

Options
Hey All,

I have tried making a few different granola bars that are gluten free/ Added sugar & sugar substitute free / vegetarian...but haven't found anything I really love. They always tend to end up quite soft and I wouldn't mind something that is a bit more chewy.

Anyone have any recipes they have tried and loved?
Thanks in advance :)

P.S. The above preferences are just that, it's not due to allergies, it's just personal preference.

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My husband toasts oats in the oven, then mixes them with dried fruit and honey, spreads that out on a baking sheet, and bakes it for a bit. It's going to depend on your stance on honey: sure, it's an added sweetener; in this context, it helps stick everything together; without it, you'd have flakes and friluit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wonder too! Honey is fine for me I just don't want pure sugar or other sweeteners.
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay away from anything like honey, maple syrup, agave, anything of that sort at the moment. I tended to use bananas as the sweetener but that's why they were always so moist
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay away from anything like honey, maple syrup, agave, anything of that sort at the moment. I tended to use bananas as the sweetener but that's why they were always so moist

Tuning in.... I'm looking for that kind of recipe as well.