Does where your calories come from make a difference?

Options
Say I eat the same amount of calories in a giant salad as I would a slice of pizza, does it affect my weight loss if I eat the pizza? From my understanding, as long as you are at a deficit you're good. I've just noticed lately that when I eat pizza or a hamburger if I'm still within my calorie goal for the day, not only do I feel better but I have more energy for my workouts. I was eating a lot of salad and vegetables and literally trying to eat 100% clean before and I wasn't losing anything. I started eating pizza and hamburgers but still stayed within my calorie limits and I started dropping weight like crazy. I also intensified my workouts a tad tho. I'm confused!

Replies

• pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Weightloss, no. You probably feel more energy because you went from eating salads/veggies to high carb high fat meals. Where the calories come from doesn't matter for weightloss. But it does matter if you want to meet your nutritional goals. Whole foods have a higher nutrient density than junk food.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, no, it makes no difference. Of course, for nutrition, it definitely matters. Eat what you like in your calorie limit but also watch your macros. You may be feeling better because you are getting more protein and fats.
  • luvsubrooke
    luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    pzarnosky wrote: »
    Weightloss, no. You probably feel more energy because you went from eating salads/veggies to high carb high fat meals. Where the calories come from doesn't matter for weightloss. But it does matter if you want to meet your nutritional goals. Whole foods have a higher nutrient density than junk food.

I hear you! I do at least eat grass fed organic meats and limit the pizza
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    I would have to see before/after macros to answer that.