gave it up

Options
JBcat123
JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
so I have lost 13 pounds. not much but lost. yesterday I ordered sushi with two cans of cokes. had one coke yesterday as a treat. BUT today I opened the 2nd can took two sips and threw it out in the garbage!!! I thought " if I want to have a healthy life style for LIFE then I shouldn't be putting this in my mouth." I NEVER throw out anything I eat the whole thing or drink the whole thing cause I don't waste food or any stuff.

I never been so proud.

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Good for you - But It is a very sad thought.....I don't like Coke either, just because it is too sweet - I prefer Coke Zero..... But never having anything that is something you like just because "you are living a healthy lifestyle?" That is just sad....I live a healthy lifestyle and have cake now and then, wine on occasion, and drink coke zero, and whatever treat I feel like in moderation.....
  • JBcat123
    Options
    I cant have cake on a occasion or anything else cause I have a skin problem. my doctor said I need to avoid many things to have it cleared up. for the past months I have been eating clean and my skin is almost 100% clear. thanks to the changes I made.
  • valleman503
    valleman503 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good job on the willpower! Enjoy a Coke here and there. I've found it with myself....if I completely restrict myself from the food/drinks I love ....then eventually I will hit a point and give in to that particular food/drink and go overboard with it....moderation is so tough ...ugh ....keep up the good work!!
  • JBcat123
    Options
    thankyou!!!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good job. Today I wanted pizza. I ate some BBQ boneless chicken ate 5 little pieces. And I so wanted more but only because it sounded good not because I was hungry. So I gave up the 2 pizzas and ice cream from yesterday!
  • JBcat123
    Options
    that is so great!!! good job.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    huge high five!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been soda free for almost a year....I never even crave them anymore. For me it has to be all or nothing with soda and quite frankly soda just isn't worth it. Great job and keep it up!!
  • bryanwebb1970
    bryanwebb1970 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was in the same situation with some peanut M&Ms. I just about tossed them out my window but shoved them in my mouth instead. I was so mad at myself for doing that. So I went for a real fast paced walk till I was completely exhausted. I woke up a pound lighter but I still feel bad, I couldn't even finish my walk tonight, so good job for pitching that coke.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good for you- healthy for me is life without sodas make calories work for your body is a good thing- i'm like you I have a hard time throwing any food or drink out. Clean your plate kind attitude-Think that contributed to my weight gain over the years - good start on a journey to better health
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Not everyone can eat unhealthy foods in moderation i can't i gave up all candy and store purchase cookies. If i dont bake them i dont eat them best decision i made bc i have never won a battle against chocolate or cookies im finally losing weight i fully understand your coke moment if its a habit and not a treat get rid of it.
  • Pandabear0324
    Pandabear0324 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I used to drink so much soda! Pepsi mt dew and dr pepper were my downfall! I quit cold turkey 6 months ago and have only had fully caffeinated soda twice since, once was a gas station super-sized mt dew and it was seriously disappointing, it didn't taste good to me anymore and gave me a two day headache! The other was a bottle of pepsi and it fit in my calories so I thought why not, but even it (pepsi had been like my life force) didnt taste good anymore... I hate liquid calories anyway so I will stick with water!!
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    As the former president of the Clean Your Plate Club, I can fully appreciate your victory! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!