How much weight should I lose for the summer?

I'm between 110-120 lbs. I want to be able to like wear swimwear this summer I always wear a two piece never a one piece. Should I gain or lose weight to get a bikini body or maintain? I was thinking if I gain it would be through muscle right? And if I lose weight it would be through cardio? I guess. I don't know that much about it. Not all that active. Well what do you think how much weight should I lose or gain? And how do I do it?

2py2phg.jpg

2urt6ky.jpg

My measurements are like 40-25-35 or something like that. I want a better butt than I've had in the past honestly which has made me want to gain through muscle rather than losing. Advice?

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Maintain or gain muscle in legs/butt, if you want to make a change...

Wouldn't worry about it though, you look great already. If you aren't active, get active for your health.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    You look great. I'm 120 and covered in cellulite on my butt, stomach and arms. Be thankful you look so great! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    If you really think you need to lose more weight, please get some help.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Exercise and don't think about your weight at all - it's a nonissue for you. Activity will be the fitness key for a 110 lb woman. And fitness will translate to a great bikini body for you.
  • zakiya0121
    zakiya0121 Posts: 1 Member
    You are at a perfect weight as it is right now. Just focus on maintaining the weight and just keep doing what you're doing.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    edited March 2016
    Pretty sure this is some trollbait. User with 1 post and a pretty conspicuous username.

If not though, you may have a body-image disorder.
  • Bikinisummer22
    Bikinisummer22 Posts: 4 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    If you really think you need to lose more weight, please get some help.
    I used to be 10-15 lbs lighter. So this is a bit higher for my range I'm short so 120 is almost a 23 bmi it's in the higher range of what's basically healthy.

• Bikinisummer22
    perkymommy wrote: »
    You look great. I'm 120 and covered in cellulite on my butt, stomach and arms. Be thankful you look so great! :)
    I have cellulite actually just mainly on my ribs and back area. And side boob/like pit areas But I'm trying to work it off. But congrats to getting to 120! :)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't think you should lose weight as much as focus on doing some recomp.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    You look great already!

For a better butt - squats, hamstring curls, lever calf machine
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Pretty sure this is some trollbait. User with 1 post and a pretty conspicuous username.

I was thinking the same thing, esp since the skin tone appears to be very different even taking into account one photo is B&W and the hair as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    How tall are you? How old are you?
  • Bikinisummer22

I was thinking the same thing, esp since the skin tone appears to be very different even taking into account one photo is B&W and the hair as well.

My skin looks white doesn't it? in the top photo? That's my inner arm. I have a lawsuit on a specific company having to do with this. My contentious is my inner arms are a skin type 3 and blanch therefore I was qualified others say I am not but not due to any evidence other than my exposed skin is said to be too dark. They allowed Hispanics but the Hispanics did not have as dark of a hue on their outer skin.