Back at my goal (again)

At just about this time last year I was at my current weight. I had a great spring and summer, but a very stressful fall in which I gained back not quite 10lbs. At the end of the Christmas break, I decided to reduce again, ta-dah it worked!

Something must go differently this time as it has been crazy hard to lose a mere 10lbs. I'm exploring health/life coaching, among other things. My number one source of excess calories are beer and wine (and the snacks that go with them). If I cut those out, I do much better.

But life without beer and wine!?

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Moderation is key. Maybe try just the beer and no snacks. Or 1-2 beers with the snacks. Experiment a little, and I'm sure you'll find a way to fit in the foods you like while staying at your maintenance calorie level.
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Whenever I want treats, I exercise more to accomodate the extra calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Just cut back on them? Or allow them at the weekend? Moderation is key :smile:
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    I hear you - and good on ya for taking back the reins. Now for the Rest of Your Life bit - I think ultimately you're gonna have to curtail the alcohol/snacks some, or PERMANENTLY build in a few (to several) hundred calories worth of exercise a day. What ever you can sustain that includes reasonable quality of life as YOU define it is the way to go.