Losing Calories

I have noticed lately that for some reason I am losing calories in MFP, earlier today it said I had burnt 602 calories and would weigh 145lbs in 5 weeks, just went into it a few minutes ago and it says I have burnt 559 calories and would weigh 146lbs in 5 weeks, this has happened a few times lately but I don't know why, it happens after I finish that day's food diary. Any ideas???

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Do you have a fitbit (or similar) connected to your account? If so FitBit assumes you'll maintain your activity level at the same level for the rest of the day and gives you the calories accordingly. When you stop being as active FitBit says whoopsie and then starts taking away those calories it had previously given.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited March 2016
    Do you have a fitbit (or similar) connected to your account? If so FitBit assumes you'll maintain your activity level at the same level for the rest of the day and gives you the calories accordingly. When you stop being as active FitBit says whoopsie and then starts taking away those calories it had previously given.

I had that issue with my fitbit. Making sure that both apps were on the same time zone and reducing my activity level setting fixed it.

Also keep in mind if you are new to using the Fitbit, it takes it a few weeks to get to know you and what your norms are.
  • sianarna
    sianarna Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks both, that does make sense!