Good metabolism, weight loss without exercise?

Options
paigeross27
paigeross27 Posts: 11 Member
Please don't judge me lol but I'm trying to lose weight without exercising. I know that sounds ridiculous but I only need to lose about 7-10 pounds. I've always been thin with a very good metabolism and my weight has been the same for years! I simply gained weight when I went through a depression 7 years ago. I've always ate what I what when I want and how much I want but just recently I've realized my eating habits have gotten out of hand. Since I have a good metabolism that has seemed to work for me despite my bad diet, my logic is is imagine what it would do if I was eating right!! I know this sounds silly but I'm reaching out so you all can potentially shed some light. Again, please be honest but gentle with your answers lol. This is a community I'm proud to be apart of and I'm glad we can be open and honest without being judged!! Thank you.

Replies

• tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Body weight is 80% what you eat and 20% what you do.
  • paigeross27
    Options
    I suppose you are right but I've been able to maintain my weight for years. The only reason I have weight to lose is because several years ago I went through a depression and I guess that's what did it. Ever since though I've been the same weight and my situation has changed for the better. I guess my only question is since I've been able to maintain this weight without exercise and a crappy diet I'm wondering if I could lose worthy by simply changing my diet and not my activities. Does that make any sense?
  • tcarp8
    Options
    I suppose you are right but I've been able to maintain my weight for years. The only reason I have weight to lose is because several years ago I went through a depression and I guess that's what did it. Ever since though I've been the same weight and my situation has changed for the better. I guess my only question is since I've been able to maintain this weight without exercise and a crappy diet I'm wondering if I could lose worthy by simply changing my diet and not my activities. Does that make any sense?

Yes it makes sense and yes you can lose weight by simply changing your eating habits.
  • tcarp8
    Options
    BTW...you're a lovely young lady. B)
  • _angee
    _angee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Clean eating reduces calories overall so you should be able to lose weight :) as long as you eat a calorie deficit it can be accomplished.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to eat clean, whatever your definition of clean eating is. All you need for weight loss is to eat fewer calories than you burn. However, SOME form of exercise is important for long-term health.
  • paigeross27
    Options
    Thank you all!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you only need a deficit. no exercise needed.
    exercise is for fitness and earning a few extra calories
  • louicastillo1
    louicastillo1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please don't judge me lol but I'm trying to lose weight without exercising. I know that sounds ridiculous but I only need to lose about 7-10 pounds. I've always been thin with a very good metabolism and my weight has been the same for years! I simply gained weight when I went through a depression 7 years ago. I've always ate what I what when I want and how much I want but just recently I've realized my eating habits have gotten out of hand. Since I have a good metabolism that has seemed to work for me despite my bad diet, my logic is is imagine what it would do if I was eating right!! I know this sounds silly but I'm reaching out so you all can potentially shed some light. Again, please be honest but gentle with your answers lol. This is a community I'm proud to be apart of and I'm glad we can be open and honest without being judged!! Thank you.

Well I lost weight without exercise. I went from 310 to 185 in 9 months. Although the way I did it is a little dangerous. I would eat only 800 calories daily. From my experience it did mess with my head. My body would also get very weak. When that happened I would eat a little more. I would say like 1400 or 1500 calories. But yeah if you try it just be careful.