Calorie banking

Options
Hey there... I am just wondering for anyone who has a harder time meeting their calorie goals.. Do they bank any extras they have for a dinner out and glass of wine for example? In sometimes 250 calories short.. Not a habit I want to get into but sometimes it happens right..

Replies

• sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks to TDEE and the MFP community, I just realized that I'm eating about 150 calories less per day (1450 vs 1600) than I should be. Rather than increase it daily, I plan on banking it for the weekend. 2 glasses of wine, dinner and dessert will be guilt free!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    Thanks to TDEE and the MFP community, I just realized that I'm eating about 150 calories less per day (1450 vs 1600) than I should be. Rather than increase it daily, I plan on banking it for the weekend. 2 glasses of wine, dinner and dessert will be guilt free!

What did you use for the TDEE? I have a hard time with this. And with picking the activity level.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have a slightly aggressive deficit during the week and spend Saturday or Sunday at maintenance.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    TDEE?
  • arditarose
    Options
    TDEE?

Total Daily Energy Expenditure. The amount of calories you consume to maintain weight. Subtract percentages of this to lose weight.
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    Ah okay I found it. My tdee suggests 400 calories more than mfp lol eeek. What does everyone follow?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ah okay I found it. My tdee suggests 400 calories more than mfp lol eeek. What does everyone follow?

Your TDEE is not a deficit though. Unless you used a calculator to give you the deficit.
  • sandbuiltdreams
    sandbuiltdreams Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    150 calories is well within the margin of error... so I don't think that is a big deal. Alcohol should never be guilt free, it goes straight to fat.

As for 400 calorie deficit... it depends on what % that is. Anything greater than a 25% deficit shouldn't be carried for longer than 5 days.
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    Thanks! Thats great info. The iifym website doesnt seem to be working for me right now.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Weekly calories daily Macros
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    150 calories is well within the margin of error... so I don't think that is a big deal. Alcohol should never be guilt free, it goes straight to fat.

As for 400 calorie deficit... it depends on what % that is. Anything greater than a 25% deficit shouldn't be carried for longer than 5 days.

Alcohol does NOT go directly to fat infact its the first calories that your body will burn in an attempt to clear them from your body the bad part about alcohol is those alcohol calories are burned before any fat calories would be burned..
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

1 glass of wine on Friday and 1 glass on Saturday. I think I'll survive. lol

• chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I bank calories all week then relax on Saturday & Sunday.

Cals will typically be around 2000 Mon-Thur, 3000 Fri, 4000 Saturday & Sunday. Plenty of booze included :)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I bank calories all week for Friday evenings. Those are my dgaf days.

However, I am banking calories for the next 6-7 weeks for a trip to Germany and Italy. I am in maintenance, but hope to lose 2-3lbs before this trip to make up for the two to three I will probably gain. Because seriously guys, Nougat Bits and deep fried pizza in Naples and I almost passed out when I saw this awesome smoked meat house in Rome. So many delicious smoked and cured meats. I can feel the colon cancer growing deep in my bowels just to look at it.

Calorie banking is the way to go.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

Alcohol does not turn into fat. Do not listen to this.

I bank calories every week so I can relax on the weekends.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Life would be miserable without calorie banking. BTW an entire bottle of wine is around 625 cals. Or so I've heard :lol:
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

However, I am banking calories for the next 6-7 weeks for a trip to Germany and Italy. I am in maintenance, but hope to lose 2-3lbs before this trip to make up for the two to three I will probably gain. Because seriously guys, Nougat Bits and deep fried pizza in Naples and I almost passed out when I saw this awesome smoked meat house in Rome. So many delicious smoked and cured meats. I can feel the colon cancer growing deep in my bowels just to look at it.

CrabNebula wrote: »

Luckyyy! During my trip to rome my love affair with real italian pizza an cappucinnos got real. And I cannot forget pistachio gelato!! Heaven in your mouth!!! With all the walking though it can even out. Have a great time!!
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    Life would be miserable without calorie banking. BTW an entire bottle of wine is around 625 cals. Or so I've heard :lol:

I will pretend you didnt tell me that haha... Ohh radio boka be mine! (I highly suggest it mmm)