1 year on this journey of weight loss

Options
Hey guys.

I know I don't post here a lot. But it's a special occasion now. July 2nd was the anniversary of my weight loss journey. I wasn't expecting this result. I was hoping to, at least, hit my target weight. But I can't wait to see what I'll be posting here next year!

Starting weight: 106 kgs/233 lbs
Current weight: 67.3 kgs/148 lbs
Lost: 38.7 kgs/85 lbs
Target weight: 58-60 kgs/130-132 lbs

I think those last 20 pounds are the slowest to lose. So i'll appreciate your tips and advice. I am learning to be patient. I think I need 3-4 months at most to reach my target weight and start maintaining and reshaping my body. I do a lot of running as primary workout. And I'm not very good with clean eating but I bought a little fridge. And I have a lot of healthy stuff there. I hope it helps when I don't have to open the family fridge.

Replies

• _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've recently started lifting weights on an evening. If you lift whilst eating a deficit you tone up, muscle being more compact means you end up losing inches, as opposed to actual weight. If you're not already lifting weights, I would highly recommend it!
  • DalalMutar
    DalalMutar Posts: 97
    Options
    I was told to lift too

I don't know how to do that correctly though
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oh wow - that is amazing!

and what is rally amazing to me is that my starting weight was the same as yours and I want to lose 90-110 lbs (i'll see how things go when i get close).
  • DalalMutar
    DalalMutar Posts: 97
    Options
    If I could lose 85 lbs so far, then anyone can my friend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!