I have no clue how to log my daily meal!! help please

Help please

Replies

• Ravenspurn
    Ravenspurn Posts: 14 Member
    You can do this one of two ways.
    If you cook it yourself, you can use the recipe creator, or put the ingredients in manually.
    Else, if you cannot find the meal (purchased) on the database, you can add it.
  • joyann1991
    joyann1991 Posts: 4 Member
    Do I have to be a premium member to love in my total calories each day
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    No, you do not have to be a premium member to log your food.
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    I suggest you go on YouTube to watch some videos on the subject. Often these things are easier to understand visually
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Here are things I do to help me stay on track with logging:
    1) I have a paper and pencil on the kitchen counter next to the food scale. As I put food on my plate, I weigh/measure and write it down. When I have time to sit at the computer to fill out my food log, I refer to the paper. I don't have a smart phone so can't use an app for this.
    2) I make simple meals with separate ingredients so that I don't have to fill out recipes. That's too much of a chore to me. For example, I roast a chicken and cook rice instead of making a chicken and rice casserole. So much easier to measure my ounces of chicken and serving of rice than enter a recipe and figure out how many servings it makes.

You do know how to go to your food diary here on MFP and search for foods, don't you?