A lot to loose

Options
hi I'm Paula a 46 year old female . I'm starting a LCHF diet today . I have half my body weight to loose 125 lb

Replies

• ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula, I'm Sharon and I've got a lot to lose too. Feel free to add me if you're looking for some MFP friends to help along the way :)
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    paulasymingtonmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon I'm a ScotsLass myself I have sent a request .x
  • syimo
    syimo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have a lot to loose Paula feel free to add me .
  • Steph1079
    Steph1079 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula, I've just started this week too and have 80-100lbs to lose as well. Feel free to add me!
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    35lb down out of the 155lb+ that I need to lose, we will get there if just keep making better choices.
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    Options
    I'm sure we will .x
  • diemme
    diemme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to mfp. Just joined and got around 100 lb to lose. Can I ask how many calories you aim for? Calculator on here has given me 1800 which seems way to high no?
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm the right person to answer diemme as I eat low carb I don't really take any notice of the calories . I have about 1600 a day but I set it to that myself . Is it ok to add you ? X
  • jaimieleebrown
    jaimieleebrown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jaimie, I have 52lb to lose I've currently lost 24lb. I'm looking for friends for help and support :)
  • diemme
    diemme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, yes of course it is :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula, welcome to MFP! You can so do this!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm the right person to answer diemme as I eat low carb I don't really take any notice of the calories . I have about 1600 a day but I set it to that myself . Is it ok to add you ? X

What matters is calories in and calories out, so you should take notice of calories, as otherwise how would you know if you are actually creating a deficit?

Whether 1600 is okay for you to lose weight depends on things like height, activity level etc. Try this and see what it gives you.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    Options
    Colliefit I know what calories I eat but I don't count them as a rule . I know if I eat 1600 I will loose I'm more interested in my macros ie carbs ,protein and fat . I will have a look at your link and see what says .
  • paulasymingtonmfp
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »

What matters is calories in and calories out, so you should take notice of calories, as otherwise how would you know if you are actually creating a deficit?

Whether 1600 is okay for you to lose weight depends on things like height, activity level etc. Try this and see what it gives you.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    Colliefit I know what calories I eat but I don't count them as a rule . I know if I eat 1600 I will loose I'm more interested in my macros ie carbs ,protein and fat . I will have a look at your link and see what says .

• paulasymingtonmfp
    Options
    Gave up with you link it was freezing . My macros are 25g carbs . 78 G protein . 139g fat . I think it is about 28% deficit .