Music while working out

2»

Replies

• krmullig
    krmullig Posts: 43 Member
    Metal or hardcore rap. Stuff that gets your blood pumping.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    When I'm running outside, nothing.
    When I'm in the gym I stream Rock the Block on Spotify. I have no idea why because I don't normally listen to rock music.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    I have a "Zombies Run" playlist that has become my general default cardio/exercise list. It's a weird combination of metal, industrial, techno, pop, and whatever else I like.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    Disco has a good beat for cardio... for lifting I am more of a Black Sabbath, Zepplin, etc. kinda Emu

With you on disco, and BeeGees for cardio! Currently Spotify disco beats playlist... You can tell by the way I use my walk....
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Upbeat top 40's/Pop for cardio and ITunes has a channel for cardio mixes. For lifting, I only listen for a little bit prior to lift to get me pumped, mostly harder stuff, hip hop/rap/house with a heavy beat. Don't listen and lift at the same time as it gets to be distracting.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Just curious on the kinds of music people listen to when they workout. Does anyone else listen to motivational videos on YouTube?

I watch inspirational videos alllll the time, you familiar with "motivationgrid"?? && when i workout a listen to alot of instrumentals rap/ rock :)
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Fallout Boy, Empire of the Sun, Imagine Dragons, Martin Garrix, Nickelback, One Republic, Florence + The Machine. I have many different likes but Fallout Boy has some good upbeat songs that are excellent for the elliptical. Helps me increase the pace.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Android podcasts, fast and loud music!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    90s hip hop
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    I like " I love it" or "emergency " by Icona Pop. Or any other kind of thing that has a steady, upbeat kind of pacing... When I listen to them I start walking to the beat.
  • Pascooty
    Pascooty Posts: 48 Member
    If I'm not watching recorded shows on TV, I'm listening to a vast list of music. Pop, Rap, Rock, Classic Rock, Blues/Jazz, Oldies, etc. My music collection is ever-expanding and gigantic, so I never get tired of it.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    House is the one!!!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Totally depends on my mood. Some days it's Tech N9ne. Some days it's Chris Stapleton.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    I literally just posted this on my wall this morning:

"I find that the perception of heaviness in music is only relative to the quiet parts; if you spent all day listening to Death and Obituary, then switching to Deicide doesn't have much of an impact. Which is why this morning I created a playlist for the gym that mainly consists of music from Nicki Minaj, Justin Beiber, Olly Murs, Katy Perry, Jessie J and Bruno Mars, with just a select few songs from Arch enemy and Napalm death thrown in. The steady pulse of the bouncy pop music is just enough to hold me, nodding my head, in that happy, semi-absent daze that I usually work out in. Then all of a sudden some guy (or gal) goes "BLAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH" right into my brain, and I find that I'm immediately 66.6% stronger."

So that's what I listen to.
  • amralbathani733
    amralbathani733 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2016
    Beethoven
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Metal: revocation, battlecross, goatwhore, allegaeon, meadows end, veil of maya.

Anyone who likes metal for working out should check out the above, esp. Revocation and veil of maya. Get for getting pumped up.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    House, electric, trance, euro, sometimes rock and metal
  • cindygogle75
    cindygogle75 Posts: 27 Member
    Heavy metal and rock works for me
  • raulfarfan
    raulfarfan Posts: 5 Member
    Good question! ! Actually Spotify has a pretty good selection of workout music ... you can probably start there. .. in my case (I do mostly spinning ) I like music with short beats to speed up my session ... I hope this is useful ;)