Hello!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Eric and I am hoping to lose weight with this aWesome (how can it be free.?!?) program. I've been on and off the diet roller coaster for years, but finally, when I came back from a trip to Toronto, I was inspired to lose weight. What did it, you ask? I went into a shop in Toronto, just browsing, and the salesperson kept saying, "You want big shorts? They over there. Looking for 2XL t-shirts? Maybe you need 3XL? Right there."

That pretty much did it for me.

Now I'm on a quest to lose about 75 pounds. I've been exercising every day, really watching the foods I eat, cut back on red meat, eating more fresh fruits (limited quantities) and fresh veg. I've been sticking pretty close to my caloric intake requirements in order to lose weight of 1880 cals a day. After a week of exercising, the result? I haven't lost a pound.

I know weight loss takes time. I didn't gain all this weight in a week. Initially, I lost 4 pounds, but the next day it was right back. I'll just keep on keeping on until I get where I need to be. It's just a bit frustrating.

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hon, read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117060-water-weight-explained-a-bit

And hang in there. You are making some great changes and just starting this journey. You can do this! :smile:
  • ericscheck68
    Options
    Thanks! I actually read that shortly after posting that introductory post.

I went to the gym twice yesterday... Not because I am some health obsessed crazy person (well, maybe a little bit) but because my partner is also trying to lose weight. I went in the morning, and then again in the evening. MFP actually told me I need to eat more! That I could potentially starve myself, and should feed my body so as to not slow down metabolism. Odd, but it makes sense. I was actually under for carbs for the day.

I finally added my neck waist and hip measurements. That's where I hope to see some real changes.