IIFYM, Eat to Perform, etc anyone?

Options
SuziWX
SuziWX Posts: 7 Member
Hey everyone,

I've been on MFP since January 2015, went from 39.9% body fat to 28.5% after I fell in love with weight training last spring. My goal is to get to 25% body fat this year.

I'm a firm believe in eating to fuel your body, not cutting out any food group or any foods in general. I eat 80% clean and allow 20% for treats when I want them. I follow IIFYM and have had steady and consistent progress over the past year+. Absolutely love this way of eating since I never feel deprived and have plenty of energy for my workouts.

I'm big on meal prep; I have a crazy work schedule (I'm a meteorologist and work different shifts depending on Mother Nature's demands) so having everything ready to grab and go is a must for me. Every Sunday I make my breakfasts, lunches, and snacks for the week. Always looking for new meal prep ideas so if you are on the same path and have your diary open to friends, please add me! Mine is viewable to friends as well so hopefully I can give you some new ideas too.

Replies

• casccw
    casccw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Suzi
    I've been following the Eat to Perform philosophy now since 20.2.16 and been able to increase cals to 2300 a day( from 1400) with only minimal increase in scale weight (1kg) but I definitely look harder and have gained more lean mass. Dexa at the start had me at 28% and I'm
    Also looking to eventually get down to 20% .
    I have learned, after years of being a chronic dieter that you have to NOT be in a Cal deficit for most of the time, high volume training, carbs are good, low intensity cardio (walk) is needed and on cutting cycles cal cycle with HIIT,
    My C current goal is to maintain scale weight, push the top end of cal consumption to gain lean mass and come July I'll look to do an 8 week cut
    Nice to meet u on here
    Cas