My weight loss has flat lined for over a month. How do I get it started again?

A little snapshot of how I'm doing:
*I lost nine pounds
*I gained back four
*Now I am consistently stuck with only a five pound weight loss and I haven't lost anything for over a month.
*I stay under my calorie goal and within my nutrition guidelines
*I don't exercise, and I need motivation
*I eat a very healthy breakfast and lunch with low calories, but my snacks and dinner habits are what I believe causes the problem. Only problem is? I'm still a teenager and my mom makes my meals. She gets made if I say I don't want to eat them because they're not "healthy." The only thing I can control is my snacks and it's so hard to eat healthy after a long school day! My sugar cravings usually control my actions.
How do I learn to avoid temptations, self control, and exercise discipline? Does anyone else have an idea for me to convince my body to let go of some more weight besides the obvious?

Replies

• Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    You have the answer... the obvious is crushing your efforts and the discipline has to be adhered to... discipline takes great strength... you got that right? What I do is give myself and slap and say 'stop whining and making excuses... you want this....DO IT !' Seriously, if you want something bad enough you'll do it..besides, you're female so we KNOW you're strong... set a date and do it. Keep us posted! :)
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Besides the obvious? It's not smart to ignore the obvious.

Your mother may control what food gets bought and made, but you can control the portions, can't you? To eat less and be satisfied, chew slowly and thoroughly. Have a big glass of water before meals. Fruit or tea with a little honey might satisfy those sweet cravings.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Angel2217 wrote: »
    A little snapshot of how I'm doing:
    *I lost nine pounds
    *I gained back four
    *Now I am consistently stuck with only a five pound weight loss and I haven't lost anything for over a month.
    *I stay under my calorie goal and within my nutrition guidelines
    *I don't exercise, and I need motivation
    *I eat a very healthy breakfast and lunch with low calories, but my snacks and dinner habits are what I believe causes the problem. Only problem is? I'm still a teenager and my mom makes my meals. She gets made if I say I don't want to eat them because they're not "healthy." The only thing I can control is my snacks and it's so hard to eat healthy after a long school day! My sugar cravings usually control my actions.
    How do I learn to avoid temptations, self control, and exercise discipline? Does anyone else have an idea for me to convince my body to let go of some more weight besides the obvious?

How are you keeping track of your calories? Are you weighing all your food, or are you guessing? If you're guessing, you're probably guessing wrong, and eating way more calories than you think you are. Are you logging every morsel that you eat? If you eat at a deficit, you'll lose weight.

You're a teenager. Make your own meals.

Is your mom on board with you trying to lose weight? If not, why not?

• tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2016

Have you asked your mom to help you by making healthier foods at dinner time? If she's not on board I agree, make smaller portions, look for healthier alternatives to eat for dinner. I can't imagine a mother not wanting to help her daughter lose weight
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    I don't think teenagers are allowed to be on this app- try www.sparkteens.com. It's designed for teens.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    I have kiddos at home so we have pretty normal dinners. I just limit my portions and don't eat after dinner. Those are simple things you can do to start your weight loss rolling again. And drink lots of water. Good luck!!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    I don't think teenagers are allowed to be on this app- try www.sparkteens.com. It's designed for teens.
    Their profile says they're 18.

• Random1273
    Random1273 Posts: 1 Member

I don't think negative people are allowed on this app.. You should check out "angry loser" it's for grumpy people.
  • Angel2217
    Angel2217 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I'm really struggling right now, but I guess my mom and I have to have a talk. She doesn't think I need to loose weight, but I know my own body and I'm the one that sees the cellulite on my thighs and the mass around my middle. I'm not trying to starve myself, but to be healthy, and I won't let her rule my eating habits anymore. I'll let you all know how it goes!