Why hasn't anybody noticed my weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    chaney3000 wrote: »
    If people see you all the time they notice it slowly. But if you only see the person ever now and then you will get the "have you lost weight" or "oh my you look so good"

THis right here. Then they might say, did you get your hair cut? i.e, you look different.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    sssgilbe wrote: »
    Some people may not comment on a weight loss from concern it could be from a serious health problem.

I have been asked if I was sick before by some family that came to visit from out of state
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It was 20lb before anyone commented on my loss. Add another 20, and only a couple people are commenting. Although many more people have been talking about their own diet. I suspect they are wanting to know what I'm doing, but don't want to come right out and ask. They may notice, but don't want to be rude by commenting. Mainly because not everyone wants the attention that comments bring about. Do this for you.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs before anyone said anything to me. That being said, I feel like more and more people are cautious about saying anything to people afraid to hurt their feelings. For example, if they ask if you have been losing weight, and you hadn't then it might make you feel bad.

Do it for you and welcome any compliments that may come.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Have you bought any new clothes? People usually don't notice until you are down a clothes size and buy some new form fitting clothes.

Haven't bought any new clothes yet, I am waiting to hit the 20lb mark. I should try some of my smaller clothes to see if they fit!

Smaller clothing makes a huge difference. No one said anything about my weight loss until I started buying new clothes. I'm now down 4 sizes (from 24 to 16) and even those who see me all the time can really notice a difference. But even then, it's not until they see old photos/videos that it really sinks in how much I've lost (over 60 lbs now).
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Also consider the source .. Some people are quick to point out when you've gained weight but awfully "polite" when you've lost..
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Well, I hope you know you're doing great without the outside reinforcement.

I had to lose at least 50 until people started noticing. I was super heavy. Now I'm just real heavy and I'm guessing it will happen sooner, maybe 30lbs. But definitely focus more on how you feel.
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've known people with dramatic weight changes (both ways) due to illness. It's really awkward to say something only to discover they are battling a life-threatening sickness.

On the other hand, are you dressing the part? I waited until my jeans started falling off me before I bought new clothes. After that, everyone was commenting on it.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    15lb!!! They've noticed!!!....commenting on someone's weight is a tricky area...
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Don't lose weight to be noticed by others. Lose weight to improve your "self" and become the best you can be.

Also yes I agree with previous posts, commenting on someone's weight can be difficult because some people may be sensitive or offended easily on the subject.

But congratulations are in order!!! 15 lbs is a significant achievement and I bet it feel just great!

In one month I've gone from 186lbs to 172.7 lbs and feeling much lighter on my feet! I used to be at 148 lbs but I had a section of life where I just gained SO much weight.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I guess I was hoping people might notice my weight loss, but no one has yet to say anything. I'm down 15lbs and still have another 25 lbs to lose. I definitely can tell and I definitely feel better? Any thoughts?

First time around, it took nearly 50 lbs before people were really saying things. Granted, I'm a bigger gal.
    People could be noticing and just not saying anything, for fear of offending you or otherwise.
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    At my job a few people said something but I think it was because I made it well known that I was trying, but most did not mention it. They are all skinny so to them my weight loss might not seem as exciting. Only my two heavier coworkers, who are closer to my weight, said something...
  • lowalemon
    lowalemon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    In my experience, people don't notice until you hit the 20-25lb mark, depending on your starting size. At 10lbs down, it's BARELY noticeable even for ME! Give it time, and like someone previously said, let the folks around you know that you're open to talking about it. Tell them about the new top you bought, or how much easier it is to go up the stairs now...
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I guess I was hoping people might notice my weight loss, but no one has yet to say anything. I'm down 15lbs and still have another 25 lbs to lose. I definitely can tell and I definitely feel better? Any thoughts?