Weight-related shows?

Options
ghouli
ghouli Posts: 207 Member
Do you have any favorites? They're my guilty pleasure and I'm looking for recommendations!

Replies

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I've never seen the show myself, but I've heard good things about one called 'fit to fat to fit.' I still need to look into that one. Theres one I've been watching on Hulu called 'downsize me,' its an older british show but I liked how it didn't put so much pressure on the 'loser' and taught them more about the importance of their diet and exercise regimen.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have seen the fit to fat to fit show. It's cool as it makes the trainer more invested in the process. Since most of the trainers out there have never been fat or overweight they can't relate to the issues.

Outside of that one episode I saw, I don't really watch those shows. I'm living my own reality weight loss show. HAHA
  • petiteoie
    petiteoie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Supersize vs Superskinny is a good UK show based on weightloss, also anything with Chris Powell is fab!
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You mean the ones where they step on the scale and it jumps around 40 to 50 lbs for about 45 seconds? 290-215-304-185-commerical break. Other than that (and all the crying that seems to occur) I think they help keep me motivated.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    You mean the ones where they step on the scale and it jumps around 40 to 50 lbs for about 45 seconds? 290-215-304-185-commerical break. Other than that (and all the crying that seems to occur) I think they help keep me motivated.

Lolol the first show that came to mind when you said that was Biggest Loser. *DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYS IN BACKGROUND, EVERYONE LOOKS VERY CONCERNED*
    Thanks for the suggestions so far! I've seen a couple episodes of Supersize vs. Superskinny and I like that one. Never seen fit to fat to fit, I'll have to look it up.

OH and that reminds me - throwing it out there if anyone else is looking for recommendations, Secret Eaters is good.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    petiteoie wrote: »
    Supersize vs Superskinny is a good UK show based on weightloss, also anything with Chris Powell is fab!
    I really like this one too. Also Secret Eaters is really good.
    The British have these weight shows down, I tried watching a few minutes of the biggest loser a year ago and I just couldn't do it.