Any new (or existing) Keto dieters want to join me for this ride?

Options
2»

Replies

• KennyLaguna2016
    KennyLaguna2016 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    gillygum wrote: »
    That's incredible weighthunter!! Congrats! Yes! ME! I've been experimenting with it, but I'm going to commit to it for 50 days (which also happens to be when I will be vacationing to Puerto Rico

Good for you!! So jealous that your going to Puerto Rico!!
  • KennyLaguna2016
    KennyLaguna2016 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Been on keto for 5 weeks and down 22lbs! I thought it would be harder but the results are just so great it's hard to stop.

If it ain't broke...don't fix it! Congrats!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, was just thinking of posting a similar call for anyone who wants to do a Bulletproof protocol, which is basically Keto dieting with intermittent fasting and bulletproof coffee. I've tried in January and I like how it doesn't cause fatigue or cravings. This time I want it to be very effective so I will also pay attention to calories-- I was always very hesitant about counting calories but it seems like it matters, also too much protein is also detrimental, so I will have a lots of veggies and fat some protein and minuscule carbs approach, fruit will be hard to give up, but one can have some raspberries at the end of the day.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol. I want results fast in the beginning so I can get motivated (please don't feel the need to comment slowly is better in the long run, perhaps, but I'm at a point where I need to see fast results) and RFLP promises that. But I wonder if anyone had success.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    solska wrote: »
    I'm starting today, was just thinking of posting a similar call for anyone who wants to do a Bulletproof protocol, which is basically Keto dieting with intermittent fasting and bulletproof coffee. I've tried in January and I like how it doesn't cause fatigue or cravings. This time I want it to be very effective so I will also pay attention to calories-- I was always very hesitant about counting calories but it seems like it matters, also too much protein is also detrimental, so I will have a lots of veggies and fat some protein and minuscule carbs approach, fruit will be hard to give up, but one can have some raspberries at the end of the day.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol. I want results fast in the beginning so I can get motivated (please don't feel the need to comment slowly is better in the long run, perhaps, but I'm at a point where I need to see fast results) and RFLP promises that. But I wonder if anyone had success.

I have read the Bulletproof Diet and I like the anti inflammation claims that Dave makes. However, I do not think his "Rapid" plan is by any means healthy. Based on his own numbers fat loss can not be as high as he claims. If I drink a 100 cal fatty coffee twice a day and my TDEE is 2000 cal, that does not incur a deficit of 3500 cal. Takes two days to make the math work out. He also claims there is no side effects as the Bulletproof mojo and butter fat will keep you going. Then you have a refeed of 6,000 or so clean calories from carbs on day 7. So you would be gaining back at least pound. So I could lose 3.5 lbs in a week and gain back a pound, so 2.5 lbs in a week. Any exercise you do over this is just going to increase loss, though he claims you don't need to do that. This is just slightly over the 2 lbs a week you can do with a deep deficit and moderate exercise. Also, I can't see how only taking in 200 cal of fat per day is not going to incur muscle loss. While you body is going to be robbing its fat stores since your reserves are going to be wasted after Day 1, I don't see how it is not going to touch muscle. To me this Rapid program is a sale pitch. It looks to be unhealthy at best and downright dangerous at worst. I think the Rapid program screams "Let the buyer beware" and by beware, I mean their health!

I say all this as someone who follows the Wild Diet, IF and 24 hour fast regularly. I am on a 24 hour fast today, truth be told, with only a fatty coffee around 7 AM. Going to break the fast with raw oysters and blackened shrimp :) Tomorrow will be a fatty coffee and IF. Sunday or Monday will probably be another 24 hour fast. I will drop about 7 to 10 lbs of weight my first week, but that is going to be a lot of water. The weight will then parse down to about 2 to 3 lbs per week, as I will take in probably 1000-1200 cal a day + exercise. I will then get back off of it in 40 days. Coast for a few months losing a half pound or so a week and then repeat the process. I really don't see a need to crash the Rapid plan.
  • detti777
    detti777 Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    detti777 wrote: »
    Hi just started dieting again, happy to join.
    Best of luck to you @detti777!! : )

Thank you Kenny

Guys which diet are you following? I can see that you chosen different ones. I am hesitant this time.

• solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    solska wrote: »

I have read the Bulletproof Diet and I like the anti inflammation claims that Dave makes. However, I do not think his "Rapid" plan is by any means healthy. Based on his own numbers fat loss can not be as high as he claims. If I drink a 100 cal fatty coffee twice a day and my TDEE is 2000 cal, that does not incur a deficit of 3500 cal. Takes two days to make the math work out. He also claims there is no side effects as the Bulletproof mojo and butter fat will keep you going. Then you have a refeed of 6,000 or so clean calories from carbs on day 7. So you would be gaining back at least pound. So I could lose 3.5 lbs in a week and gain back a pound, so 2.5 lbs in a week. Any exercise you do over this is just going to increase loss, though he claims you don't need to do that. This is just slightly over the 2 lbs a week you can do with a deep deficit and moderate exercise. Also, I can't see how only taking in 200 cal of fat per day is not going to incur muscle loss. While you body is going to be robbing its fat stores since your reserves are going to be wasted after Day 1, I don't see how it is not going to touch muscle. To me this Rapid program is a sale pitch. It looks to be unhealthy at best and downright dangerous at worst. I think the Rapid program screams "Let the buyer beware" and by beware, I mean their health!

I say all this as someone who follows the Wild Diet, IF and 24 hour fast regularly. I am on a 24 hour fast today, truth be told, with only a fatty coffee around 7 AM. Going to break the fast with raw oysters and blackened shrimp :) Tomorrow will be a fatty coffee and IF. Sunday or Monday will probably be another 24 hour fast. I will drop about 7 to 10 lbs of weight my first week, but that is going to be a lot of water. The weight will then parse down to about 2 to 3 lbs per week, as I will take in probably 1000-1200 cal a day + exercise. I will then get back off of it in 40 days. Coast for a few months losing a half pound or so a week and then repeat the process. I really don't see a need to crash the Rapid plan.

Thanks for sharing this. I only saw few anecdotes of the RFPL and none in detail of the person who lost 75pounds in 75 days... and on the initial post he says he will write about that later. So wondering, because I don't want to try something so hard just to be disappointed.

I think it's possible though to not lose muscle... if you are in ketosis, and you should be on the BF IF protocols, then you wouldn't burn muscle but fat since you burn muscle when you are burning carbs and your body converts muscle to that kind of energy... (like the difference between eating fat and protein, too much protein also is detrimental to weight loss)

And yes I think the inflammation and the fact that my stomach really didn't hurt when I did it in January, I think there is good in it in other ways too.