Homeopathic hcg program Shape Reclaimed

Options
Has anyone heard of or done this program? I know a few people that have done this with really great success. My issue is that for 21 days you are on 500 calories a day. Sure this is very not healthy. what are everyone' s thought on this. No bashing please :)

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Not healthy and I'm pretty sure we are not allowed to discuss it here.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Yeah, HCG is an off-limits subject. So is 500 calories a day.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    This thread will be deleted or locked soon.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    laney4088 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of or done this program? I know a few people that have done this with really great success. My issue is that for 21 days you are on 500 calories a day. Sure this is very not healthy. what are everyone' s thought on this. No bashing please :)

That's your answer right there.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm writing to let you know that our Community Guidelines ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines ) prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Our guidelines prohibit any use of Groups or the Public Forums to support the use of HCG.

Regards,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.