Suspension training

Options
Nikki_Cherry
Nikki_Cherry Posts: 31 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I've just gone out and bought a suspension trainer

Can someone recommend some good exercises to start with. Maybe a YouTube tutorial to get me going? I have an average level of fitness already but I'm looking to tone

Thanks

Replies

• jaffakate85
    jaffakate85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There's a free app called "bodyweight" that has a list of all the exercises with photos and short videos which is good for inspiration...
    I would usually do squats, single leg squats, lunges, jet pack squats for legs. Narrow/wide rows, bicep curls, some flys, chest press and chest flys, some tricep roll outs.. And then core- crunches, press ups, mountain climbers, side crunches and/or maybe some combos eg atomic press ups..

I find it really enjoyable and you see fast progress.. Also love how you're basically working the whole body with all the exercises... Enjoy!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i love mine, there is an infinite amount of things you can do with it. i love it for deep stretching after work. its great for core exercises with your feet in it.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Google TRX exercises. It doesn't matter.If you didn't buy a TRX, suspension training is suspension training.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I take a TRX class twice a week - it's my happy place :smiley: All of the above - I also love squat rows and even the dreaded burpees with one foot in the strap -my balance has improved immensely.