*!* APRIL 2016 Walking Challenge *!*

AlphaHowls
AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
Spring is in full swing!

*!* APRIL 2016 Walking Challenge *!*
This is continued from previous Monthly Walking Challenges, we are walking into the 4th month of the new year *YAY Keep going!*. Each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you cannot track distance (or do not want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you will be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise you are getting in. :)

Come back here and just post how far you walked, even if it was to the mailbox on a given day. The important thing is that you are moving and getting out (or if you walked in place in your basement to a video). Sometimes we need a little encouragement in order to do things in life.

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long. This is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other. Remember, you can track by steps, distance (miles or kilometers), time, etc.
RULES:
*no bullying
*no pressure
*just walking, dancing, stepping, hiking, anything to get you moving.
*just lace up the shoes and take a walk!
*anyone can join in at any time.

Frequently Asked:

Is there a way to flag this thread or do we have to search for it every time?

There is a star in the corner (right) you can click that to favorite the topic. It will always be on the right when you enter the community area. You can click the star once back in the forums and it shows you the topic you starred.

c6l6ujn8t1g0.jpg

Replies

• marmar612
    marmar612 Posts: 10 Member
    I would like to join. I recently adopted a dog so hoping to do more walking with her this month although she is not great in the leash. Hoping we both improve!
  • ballyshea
    ballyshea Posts: 187 Member
    I'll give it a go. I only started using the MFP and Fitbit apps and websites properly about 2 weeks ago. I'm a teacher on school holidays at the moment. Strangely I walk more steps on days when I'm at work. In the holidays and at weekends I don't walk as many steps. This might motivate me to get off the sofa. I have a fitbit zip if that matters. I don't think any tracker is accurate though, but if you use the same kind every day you can see some sort of progress, hopefully.
  • Bachi234
    Bachi234 Posts: 524 Member
    I'm in!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Welcome to the walking challenge!!!!
  • NewTina2016
    NewTina2016 Posts: 41 Member
    Looking forward to this months progress. Welcome everyone! We can do this!
  • KieraGetsFit
    KieraGetsFit Posts: 30 Member
    exercise.png

Ready for April's challenge!
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    I am in...
  • maryjay78
    maryjay78 Posts: 2 Member
    Just found the challenges! I'd like to join!
  • sadiebu
    sadiebu Posts: 4 Member
    Starting my challenge tomorrow.
  • VLWofford
    VLWofford Posts: 6 Member
    I'm going to try to be in this challenge. Will begin tomorrow and log daily.
  • s_heade
    s_heade Posts: 1 Member
    How do I join?
  • pups3mom
    pups3mom Posts: 94 Member
    Just started here. Would like to start challenge.
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    I'm in!
  • GeorgiaMFarrell
    GeorgiaMFarrell Posts: 1 Member
    I am ready to get walking!
  • DRK56
    DRK56 Posts: 4 Member
    Joining :-)
  • jendear6
    jendear6 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in :-)