What are you doing?

Options
So I'm one of those people that is always looking for something new and fun to try out when it comes to working out. I like dance and kickboxing videos, especially this time of the year when its wet and sloppy outside. If you have an Xbox One, Xbox fitness has some great free workouts you can try, and I also have the Turbo Jam series from the last time I did this which gives me a variety of work outs to choose from. Lately I've been doing the Mossa Fight workouts. Loving the burn!!!

What are you trying? Have you joined a gym? Outdoor activities? What exercise program is working for you? I"d love to know, so I can switch up my routine often, otherwise I get bored.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Riding a bike, mostly. Saturday I drove up to the tulip fields and did 57 miles. Maybe 10 of them were down a road that parallels the beach, then some rolling hills, and on the way back there were fantastic views of the mountains. The weekend before that I did 55 miles around the lake, which took me through some of the neighboring towns. Weekend before that, I drove out to a town on the other side of the mountains and rode a scenic highway 51 miles into a canyon. After work I spend about an hour riding in the evening, cover about 15 miles and enjoy some parks, watch peoples' gardens change throughout the year, etc.

Also hike once a week. Lovely scenery, makes the stuff you can see from the road look plain.

Used to go rock climbing every other Saturday but my partner's wife made him quit. :/

Little bit of running, mostly because cycling is too low impact and my bones need more.

Swimming, but only in the summer when the lakes and rivers are warm enough.

Also some body weight stuff like pushups, leg lifts, etc.

I've tried indoor workouts but I can't handle the boredom and feeling like a hamster on a wheel. I'd rather be out in the cold rain.
  • flowersofhelady
    flowersofhelady Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I took up belly dancing. Its changed my life and i dont even feel like in working out its so fun. I use freebellydanceclass videos on youtube and go to a local class.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Distance runner since '08.
    Currently training for a 25k trail race next Sat. Then Marathon in May, then 50k(31mi) in June, then 80k(50mi) in July, then 100k(62mi) in August. About 10 other races too. #stacked
    I also snowboard, skateboard, wakeboard, surf, hike, climb.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of this and a bit of that...
    I strength train 3x a week at the gym. I do 2 spin classes. I have 3 different bikes (MTB, hybrid, road bike), so I cycle a fair bit. I run a bit. Sometimes I swim. I used to do yoga a lot but not at the moment (moved house and haven't found an instructor I like yet). My other half and I play all kind of racquet sports (squash, badminton, table tennis). We also have two dogs so I walk about 4 miles a day with them, and we do longer hikes on the weekend. I have a few kettlebells at home and a fitball.
  • ArmywifeOpper
    ArmywifeOpper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I took up belly dancing. Its changed my life and i dont even feel like in working out its so fun. I use freebellydanceclass videos on youtube and go to a local class.

Hmmm...Belly dancing sounds like fun. I'm guessing its like getting in cardio and an ab workout in one? I love it when I can work out and it doesn't feel like work because its fun.