How to Log Workout Videos????

Options
I am doing t25 and personal training with Jackie videos. Can't find them on the MFP database, any idea how to account for these programs?

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    You log whatever you've done. If your video was 20 mins of aerobics, 10 mins of calisthenics and 10 mins of yoga or whatever, that's what you log.

Alternatively get a HRM and create your own entry.
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Aerobics or circuit training. I always write notes to remind myself what I actually did (which videos, which weights, etc. ). And I set the calories burnt at 1 anyway, so it doesn't matter really how it is logged.
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    (T25 I always log as aerobics, dunno who Jackie is. )
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just use the general category. Calorie burns are general estimates anyway. Your height, weight, age, gender (and more) help determine the burn, so MFP won't have that info for the thousands of workout DVDs that are out there.

Jackie Warner Personal Training with Jackie Xtreme Timesaver Training - Total Fitness DVDs says "toning".....I would log as strength training under cardio

Workout One On One Training With Jackie Warner - Total Fitness DVDs says "aerobics-toning"....I would log as circuit training under cardio

HRMs are designed for steady state cardio, not the best estimate for these DVDs.