i need a spicy snack

Options
anyone know of a good spicy spicy snack that's okay-ish...like at all...calorie wise... I miss hot Cheetos but one serving is out of the question, doesn't even touch my cravings. I used to eat a whole big bag at a time, terrible habit that I got into..

Replies

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to order spicy pumpkin seeds- the cals and the macros were good on the label, the reviews were great but I can't tell u for sure, I didn't try them my self, could be an option for u as well
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mini rice cakes are pretty thin....they crunch more like potato chips

0003000031041_500X500.jpg
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Do you like pop chips? They have a flaming hot version.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Frigo Habanero Cheese Sticks. They're like 90 calories. Or Sargento Pepperjack cheese sticks...
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    z5lk7hqjd2cn.jpeg
  • bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Texas Pete. Just dabble some and you're good to go.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    skp-004704.jpg
    Skinnypop jalapeño 140 cals per serving
  • Tinymeaf
    Tinymeaf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You should try roasted chickpeas. Plenty of recipes to make them yourself. I use paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and olive oil. I also start from dried form, soaking and cooking them myself so that any of the crap added to canned chickpeas is avoided. Great snack and it fills you up quickly. Can be a bit dry so don't eat too many at once.
  • chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @lemonychild oh that sounds pretty good actually... I would assume theyre decent protein too? Where do you order from?
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've heard that some people love roasted chickpeas. I've never made them or tried them myself, only heard good things. Since you can make them at home, you can use whatever spices or flavor profile you want. Not sure of calories, but at least you'd be getting protein.

Example recipe: http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/spicy-oven-roasted-chickpeas-30368 obviously you can adjust if you like different spices or levels of spices.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I recommend making your own jerky. Get the butcher is slice a beef round or shoulder pretty thin. Take it home and marinade for a few hours. If you like things hot, add it some heat. I like to use a few drops of liquid smoke, soy, crushed garlic and then something extra for heat (if I am so inclined). I put them on an elevated rack, grind some black pepper over them and make sure the bottom of the rack has foil. Pop into a 225 deg over and leave it door slightly open. Come back about 4 hours later, presto... meat snacks!
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Wasabi roasted seaweed. Not the same sort of spicy, but might satisfy your craving.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    wasabi peas
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Kallo smoked paprika rice cakes (not sure if you get them in the US but there must be an equivalent brand/product if not).
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with Franks Red Hot Sauce on it.
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Anything with Franks Red Hot Sauce! ;)
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Small lowfat corn tortilla, 1 oz of shredded lite cheese, jalapeno rings- tuck under broiler until the cheese is melted and the jalapenos start to crisp. Spicy, satisfying, and around 120-130 cals depending on the brand of cheese and tortilla.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I use Franks Red Hot on a lot of my food. Also you can try corn chips and salsa.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,445 Member
    Options
    • Sharwood's Spicy Puppodums - tortilla sized, crispy, slightly spicy, 20 calories, not even 4g carbs each (made with chickpea flour, so there's even a gram or two of protein).
    • Crispy chickpeas. I especially like Saffron Road (brand) Bombay Spice flavor.
    • Wildbrine brand Bold Dill Pickles.
    • A serving of cottage cheese with 1/2tsp each cumin & turmeric, and a hefty dose of hot sauce (ideally smoked hot sauce, but you can use regular hot sauce plus smoked paprika).
    • Kim chi.
    • Various spicy pickled vegetables - check out the pickle area in a larger grocery store or health food store, including the refrigerated pickles.
    • This recipe for Doritos-flavored Popcorn - up the chili powder/cayenne until it makes you weep with happiness.