high fiber diet

Options
Hello, having trouble finding entres to make that are high in fiber, friend me if you are on a high fiber diet so I can see your food diary. Thank you

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Veg, fruit, legumes, lentils, oats, quinoa, brown rice, potatoes and sweet potatoes (skin on), etc.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I usually eat between 20 and 25 grams of fiber a day. My diary is open. My breakfast usually has between 7 and 9 gr with oatmeal, raisins and chia seeds. I eat a lot of lentils, other beans, usually in a soup form. Black bean soup is a favorite. I also try to eat avocado on toast or apples with a little peanut butter as snack which are surprisingly really high in fiber. I'm not a fan of fiber bars or anything like that. I've tried them and they give me stomach cramps and terrible gas.

Oh, I had dental surgery last week, so no seeds for the last 10 days.

I truly believe in fiber. Don't forget to drink water though. And if you're low on fiber now, it's best to gradually increase...don't go from 5 a day to 35. Not fun.
  • poteatkd
    poteatkd Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you like breakfast wraps, tuna wraps, etc... check these out:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ole-Mexican-Xtreme-Wellness-High-Fiber-Low-Carb-Tortilla-Wraps-12.7-oz-Pack-of-6/27617770

You can purchase them now "new and improved" which has 11 grams of fiber per wrap vs 9 grams.

=)

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lots and lots of beans, grains such as barley and farro, quick oats, chia or flaxmeal, air popped pop corn
    If you don't like beans, try re-fried beans (fat free available). Put them in a wrap with extras.