• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    When I'm forced to pay.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Well, I could quit MFP anytime, but not calorie counting.

right. this, exactly.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    When I'm forced to pay.

LOL. yeah, me too.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    When the cons outweigh the pros. Right now I use it happily and find a bit of comfort in it. I have found that I eat a lot of the same things every week so I am remembering their specs. It makes things easier and I can only imagine the longer I do this the more I will remember. Maybe at some future date my memory will be such that I can go without but as of right now I have to log meal by meal or I miss things.

• prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If I dont log, I dont loose. I just slowly start back to my old habits. Its good to see what you are actually eating. I dont think anything good for you can be bad we are in this for the long run :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If I don't log my food, I get careless. "Eh, instead of a scoop of ice cream, maybe I'll get a chocolate sundae! Make it a large!" I personally need the accountability and the insight into what's going on. I lost around 50 pounds a few years ago, got tired of logging and portion control, and a few pounds crept back on over a one or two year period. I plan on logging until I believe I've totally internalized portion control, making food choice tradeoffs, and monitoring my levels of hunger/satiety. When that will be, I can't say but my main problem with weight maintenance in the past was failure to go into maintenance in a controlled way.

I have no idea why someone would write that "you aren't supposed use this app forever". You'll read a lot of weird and crazy stuff here. People have their own ideas about what they think works, and post them as though they were solutions for everyone. Do whatever works for you , and ignore a lot of what you read in these forums. Most of us are no more "experts" than you, and most of those claiming to be "experts" here probably aren't.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'll probably still use it to look up counts for new foods, or double check appropriate servings. And of course whenever my guesstimates catch up with me and the scale leaves my safe zone.

Forever. Using it forever.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I've been logging on MFP for 329 days. I'll log one way or another permanently, but I don't know if it will always be MFP.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    drmerc_oc wrote: »
    When I get banned

@drmerc_oc

Wassuuuppp
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I will likely log for at least 6 months to a year after I change to maintenance to "learn" how to eat at maintenance. However, I will weigh at least once a week, and if I gain 5 lbs. or more, it will be back to the log.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I plan to get down to my goal weight, then have a rule that I start logging if/when I ever get 5lbs over that. I'll weigh once a week at the same time to keep an eye on things.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Been here 4 years and maintaining for 3....no longer log food (that's a recent thing) but I enjoy the forums :smile:
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hopefully never.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    At this point, 100 lbs down, 10ish to go, having logged for 204 days, I can't imagine not logging. I also can't imagine why you shouldn't. If it helps you lose or maintain, I just can't see the harm. How could logging you food be worse than gaining back what you lost? If I ever were to get to the point where I thought it wasn't helping, I'd set a scale limit and go back to logging if I gained more than that limit.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Probably will stop regularly using it after a few months of maintenance, but I will continue weighing myself monthly and am going to come back if I ever see the weight creep up more than I'd like.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    i have no plans to ever stop logging.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I can see getting to my goal weight and logging for a year and then just logging on holidays or to check new foods. I don't think a person has to stop though. I've been logging for over a year and I still like doing it.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever will because of my exercise. As a triathlete, I am constantly swim/bike/run. But a single day could be a 300 calorie burn or a 1200 calorie burn depending what my work out is, so I can't stick with the same portion sizes for a meal day to day.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nevaaaaaaaah. MFP for life.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    There are some body builder/ fitness model types who have been here for years. I don't think that far ahead. I enjoy this. I'm thinner and fitter than I've been in years. Why would I put an arbitrary time limit on that?
    Now the forum... I will have to leave the forum soon... every time I see some new yahoo make a post like 'let's all share motivation to lose 40 lbs by May together' my teeth positively rattle in my head like a cadaver & I realize I am a crone in MFP time.