Low Carb, High Protein Program

Options
I've tried various programs & get no where.. Tried WW, Isagenix, ( did the 30 day including cleanses), lost nothing, I our cashed a Carb Meal App & it wasn't worth the $$$$. I'm tracking, keeping my carbs low, 20 or day & doing ok. But will this work. In so frustrated & out of ideas. Panicked I'll be a chubby girls forever. I want my muffin to gone

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @dani741 I eat <50 grams of carbs but only medium protein and high fat. I do it for joint pain relief but it also has lowered and then maintained my weight well. In my case I went off of sugar and all forms of grains and that make me low carb by default.

There are many ways to lose weight. The Atkins Diet is Low Carb, High Protein and it works for millions it seems.

Best of success.
  • abhivaishu
    abhivaishu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I am on Optifast diet and m loosing weight like anything :-)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath, stop the programs (watch out for scams and scammers), save your money, just eat real food - food you like, portion controlled (weigh and log everything). MFP works if you use it correctly. Plot in your stats in guided setup, abd choose your goal according to this:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Weight loss is simple, but not necessarily easy. Don't hesitate to ask if you struggle with something.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets have been shown to be effective for weight loss. However, maintaining the loss is difficult because very few of us want to live the rest of our lives with out bread, pasta, fruit, and all of the other delicous things that have carbs. Losing weight is all about the calorie deficit and patience. It has taken me since September but I just crossed my first weight goal, I'm 33lbs down. I can maintain what I'm doing though because my goal is to eat a nutrient dense diet that factors in all 3 macros. This is sustainable for me because I <3 carbs.

Some people, like one of the posters above enjoys low carb and it has had health benefits for him outside of weightloss. This shows that not everyone is the same. So, try low carb and see if you really like it. If you really think you'd be comfortable eating low carb for the next 10 years then maybe it's a good fit. Or you can try it and if you're not happy, start adding carbs back in while decreasing fat or protein to maintain a calorie deficit.

Like I said, in the end, for the vast majority of the population, it is 100% about a calorie deficit and a whole heck of a lot of patience and discipline.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    With keto, keep protein moderate - not high, but you want high fats. Macros: 15c/20p/65f.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut any foods or be low carb anything. If you deprive yourself you are much more likely to snap back and cheat. Measure and weigh everything.. track your calories closely. Keep yourself in a calorie deficit and you will lose over time. I run about 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. You can enjoy foods and lose weight.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Is this something you think you can maintain for life? If not, you need to learn to just et everything in moderation. No one needs to follow a 'diet' if they learn to properly eat for their daily needs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath, stop the programs (watch out for scams and scammers), save your money, just eat real food - food you like, portion controlled (weigh and log everything). MFP works if you use it correctly. Plot in your stats in guided setup, abd choose your goal according to this:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Weight loss is simple, but not necessarily easy. Don't hesitate to ask if you struggle with something.

x2

Just log here accurately and consistently, stay in a reasonable deficit and that muffin will go bye bye.
  • RBillard
    RBillard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i can't do high protein due to gout, so I'm unable to go super low on carbs. I do try to keep the non-fibre carbs under 100g on workout days, and under 50g on rest days. if you have a lot to lose you're likely insulin-resistant (endomorph) and low carb diets get the best results. if you don't have much to lose you're likely an ectomorph and process insulin better, so you can get away with a higher volume of carbs without storing much as bodyfat.

i've found that timing is also crucial when it comes to carbs as well. i try to eat most of my carbs at breakfast and before and after my workout. if you workout in the morning and eat a lot of carbs late in the evening when you don't have a high energy requirement, you'll be wearing those carbs instead of burning them.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »
    Is this something you think you can maintain for life?

Why on earth would it have to be for life? Do you intend to weigh everything and log it on a computer for the rest of your life ?