Not my best self

Options
There's no other way to say this, other than I'm really ashamed of myself. A few years ago, I worked really hard at getting into shape and I've slacked off over this last year.

So, now I have thirty pounds to get rid of (I'm starting there and will decide at a later time if I want to lose more.) I'd be happy just to resume the exercise schedule that I was used to - but motivation has been so hard to come by lately.

I know I can do this...

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You are right!! You CAN do this!! Great attitude. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • carolynSC74
    Options
    Of course you can do it! I am 38, half way through my journey after losing 24lb or so, still quite a bit to go. I could do with new friends, please add me, we can do this together!
  • ericscheck68
    Options
    Add me too! I'm new here (< 1 week) and really want to lose weight and start being smarter about what I eat and exercise.

Been on the diet train... That's no way for long term weight loss.

Good luck!
  • CZiegler1978
    Options
    change that ashamed attitude. No need to feel that way. You slipped. Everyone does. Getting back on the wagon is the best choice you made! Good luck!
  • MistressOktober
    Options
    You got this dude. You slipped, everyone does now and then. However, you are getting back on track. Don't beat yourself up, just grit your teeth and start some intense workouts!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Oh, you know you CAN do it. The question is, do you WANT to? That will determine whether you just "intend" to or whether you will get up and actually do it. If you can't rustle up the motivation, then no, you won't change anything. Nobody can do it for you. Your life, your choice.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you would have asked me 6 months ago if I would still be here I would say probably not. I have never successfully lost a meaningful amount of weight or really stuck with exercise. But here I am almost 25lbs later and LOVING IT! Use MFP-use the forums, make some friends, and track your food! You can do it!! Think of it as a lifestyle now, and not a diet. Good luck and feel free t add me!
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I stopped for a year and a half. U got to take it day by day and know that your results will come back. Feel free to add me.
  • PinkMartiniPls
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I am trying not to beat myself up, it's just hard to take when you have to admit to yourself that YOU were the one who let it all go.

I put in a 45 minute workout at the gym today and yesterday, so it's a start :-) And, yes, I absolutely want to do this again - I'm just so hungry right now, lol.