Why she being like that

Options

Replies

• geeta81
    geeta81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    A lesson learned quickly.....only mention if asked .

Thanks! Noted ☺
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Yup. Also, they never want to hear that you lost the weight by eating less and moving more.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options

Yup. Also, they never want to hear that you lost the weight by eating less and moving more.

Nope. Not sexy enough. Everyone looks at me like "...wut?"
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    geeta81 wrote: »
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    Quick tip: People who are "trying a diet" tend to fail; people who adopt a healthy lifestyle succeed. Forever.

Sorry about your friend.

Thank you..... I just wanted to shout from the roof top that I've managed to do something I thought was impossible for me...

Well done on your weight loss so far, don't let your best friend make you feel funny
    You can talk as much as you like about it with your MFP friends they will understand like some real life friends can't
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned Now! I am really excited that I have managed to lose so much weight and wanted to share with my best friend, I know for a fact she would have done the same, if it were the other way round.
    I hadn't realised it can be annoying and no one really cares......Lesson Learned...Keep My Gob Shut...

Well, now you can always come here where this sort of excitement about weight loss is encouraged and welcome :)

I used to post progress photos on my Facebook page as I was losing weight, but I was afraid that people would start to get annoyed so I pretty much stopped. The last photo I posted was a few weeks ago with my before photo (at 213 pounds) and my after photo (137 pounds). I guess I'll have to shut up about it now...

• flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    So, you are losing weight successfully because you're motivated and making an effort. Your friend is not, because she's not motivated and not making an effort, but it's your problem and you should shut up and not talk about it?

I don't agree. Sure, don't natter on nonstop about your weight (or your health, or your job, or anything else really) because no one likes boasting and bragging, but your friend is the one with the problem, not you. You are doing a fantastic job transforming your life. You have a right to be proud. You are under no obligation to censor yourself to shield other people from their self-perceived failures.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Everyone here seems so negative. My best friend has fallen off the wagon even though I stayed on from almost a month ago and she tells me how great I'm doing and high fives me every time I tell her that I've lose weight/inches.
  • geeta81
    Options
    Quick tip: People who are "trying a diet" tend to fail; people who adopt a healthy lifestyle succeed. Forever.

Sorry about your friend.

Thank you..... I just wanted to shout from the roof top that I've managed to do something I thought was impossible for me...

Well done on your weight loss so far, don't let your best friend make you feel funny
    You can talk as much as you like about it with your MFP friends they will understand like some real life friends can't

Thanks makes me feel abit better...☺
  • geeta81
    Options
    Lesson learned Now! I am really excited that I have managed to lose so much weight and wanted to share with my best friend, I know for a fact she would have done the same, if it were the other way round.
    I hadn't realised it can be annoying and no one really cares......Lesson Learned...Keep My Gob Shut...

Well, now you can always come here where this sort of excitement about weight loss is encouraged and welcome :)

I used to post progress photos on my Facebook page as I was losing weight, but I was afraid that people would start to get annoyed so I pretty much stopped. The last photo I posted was a few weeks ago with my before photo (at 213 pounds) and my after photo (137 pounds). I guess I'll have to shut up about it now...

Awww well that's brill!!! Well done you! Your doing great! ☺☺☺
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If she feels guilty or ashamed of losing her motivation, she may be projecting what she considers her failure on to you. She doesn't want to hear about or see your success because it reminds her of what she considers her lack of success. Keep doing what you're doing. She may come around when she sees that success is possible.

I know this takes a bit of your support system away. I hope you have others to help you through this.
  • geeta81
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    So, you are losing weight successfully because you're motivated and making an effort. Your friend is not, because she's not motivated and not making an effort, but it's your problem and you should shut up and not talk about it?

I don't agree. Sure, don't natter on nonstop about your weight (or your health, or your job, or anything else really) because no one likes boasting and bragging, but your friend is the one with the problem, not you. You are doing a fantastic job transforming your life. You have a right to be proud. You are under no obligation to censor yourself to shield other people from their self-perceived failures.

Awww thanks for your support, means alot...and I didn't think I talked about it much. Just everytime I had lost a lb I would say, I guess if she had lost then she would have told me too....I just feel stung.
    I feel as if I would have listened to her....and congratulated her..
  • geeta81
    Options
    Everyone here seems so negative. My best friend has fallen off the wagon even though I stayed on from almost a month ago and she tells me how great I'm doing and high fives me every time I tell her that I've lose weight/inches.

Well done you! Your doing great! High five from me! ☺
  • geeta81
    Options
    If she feels guilty or ashamed of losing her motivation, she may be projecting what she considers her failure on to you. She doesn't want to hear about or see your success because it reminds her of what she considers her lack of success. Keep doing what you're doing. She may come around when she sees that success is possible.

I know this takes a bit of your support system away. I hope you have others to help you through this.

Thanks for you advise...much appreciated! Feeling a little stung ..hehe ☺
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Sorry about your friend.

yep yep yep this this this
  • Ketzalitzli2
    Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of having the same issue with my sister but worse she lives with me and prepares the meals. So when I come home and its pizza, spaghetti, hot dogs, sodas ect., I'm like really?! She knows I'm really working on this for myself. But I learned to take it in stride and either decline what she makes or watch my portions and STILL loosing and feeling great! I'm doing this for me, no one else. She might think your being obsessed but its just happiness that you're doing something positive for yourself and that's a good thing! At least you have us! If you need a online buddy, add me up.. I'll cheer you on. :)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Don't talk about it anymore. She's either jealous or right, but either way the best course is to keep it private. I had my weight loss ruin a friendship, but I still chalk it up to her issue not mine.
  • geeta81
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Don't talk about it anymore. She's either jealous or right, but either way the best course is to keep it private. I had my weight loss ruin a friendship, but I still chalk it up to her issue not mine.

Thanks ☺
  • geeta81
    Options
    I'm kind of having the same issue with my sister but worse she lives with me and prepares the meals. So when I come home and its pizza, spaghetti, hot dogs, sodas ect., I'm like really?! She knows I'm really working on this for myself. But I learned to take it in stride and either decline what she makes or watch my portions and STILL loosing and feeling great! I'm doing this for me, no one else. She might think your being obsessed but its just happiness that you're doing something positive for yourself and that's a good thing! At least you have us! If you need a online buddy, add me up.. I'll cheer you on. :)

Awww thanx, much appreciated advise! ☺
  • GMAC2016
    GMAC2016 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Sorry about your friend.

Shout it here. We will cheer for you and you won't bug your friend.
  • marmar612
    marmar612 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sometimes even our best friends can't fulfill all the needs in our life. I think it is good that she can come to you and express her feelings and you take it quite seriously. You sound like a good friend. You will probably want to discuss with another friend who shares this particular interest. It doesn't diminish your relationship with your best friend. You are just branching out and growing as a person. As long as you two can still nurture the interests that made you best friends on the first place, I think you two will become even closer. And eventually, who knows, maybe you will be the inspiration for losing weight in the future.