good ideas

Options
ytec21
ytec21 Posts: 11 Member
Can anyone suggest plz some food ideas for the day with 1200 calories? Prefer to stay under this amount , l workout at the gym maybe 4 times a week but feel really tired by 8:30pm. So plz give me some advice on good food ideas that l can try.
Thanks

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    More.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I work nights, so my schedule was a little off, but lets assume that after I wake 2-3 pm, I would have a bar (Larabar, or a protein bar) then a couple of hours later maybe a banana and a tangerine, then for dinner maybe some chicken and brown rice, then after midnight workout and have a protein shake (breakfast) going to bed around 6-7. I ate a lot of brown rice and chicken, but I love it so I never got burnt out.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ytec21 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest plz some food ideas for the day with 1200 calories? Prefer to stay under this amount , l workout at the gym maybe 4 times a week but feel really tired by 8:30pm. So plz give me some advice on good food ideas that l can try.
    Thanks

You feel really tired by 8:30pm, but you want to stay under 1200 calories a day? Can I ask why you want to go lower?

Eating less than 1200 cal. a day can stress your body out and deplete you of essential nutrition and energy. Especially if you're an active person.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Bacon is good
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I love sausages. If you eat 8, that should still fall under 1200...
  • abadvat
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »

am sure if you buy low fat sausages you can ramp up to 10!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »

9.5 max
  • abadvat
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »

9.5 max

Am bulking - can handle 10!

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats in the am with coffee.
    I nice big salad & veggies for lunch
    snack on low fat yogurt & a banana or berries.
    a sensible dinner with appropriate portions
    lots of water & no junk food (not even on the weekend)
    No such thing as cheat or binge days

I still drink wine or an occasional beer... lol

That's what I do & its working for me... :)
  • ytec21
    Options
    I'm trying to stay under 1200 calories to loss weight. But after some food ideas to give me some more energy as I'm New to this. Can anyone provide me with an example of their eating diary for the day, that has helped them loss weight. Thanks heaps for the support.
  • ytec21
    Options
    And also how do u work.out the calories in salads etc?
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request and start my diary around July.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    ytec21 wrote: »
    I'm trying to stay under 1200 calories to loss weight. But after some food ideas to give me some more energy as I'm New to this. Can anyone provide me with an example of their eating diary for the day, that has helped them loss weight. Thanks heaps for the support.

If you're working out, you should be able to eat about 1200 calories and still have a healthy deficit. It almost seems like it should make sense, but eating less calories doesn't always net us the loss we want. If you're feeling tired all the time, listen to your body and eat more.

Get a food scale and weigh your foods as often as possible, including the lettuce, and enter it individually. Or if you make the same salad all the time you can add it as a recipe so you just have to click on the recipe.
  • ytec21
    Options
    Thank you
    I'm not tired all the time just around 8p.m. - 8:30pm , but lm up from half 6 in the morning.
  • ytec21
    Options
    tk6299 sent request l.Hope the request works lm New to this :-)