Graveyard shifts, need HELP!

Options
Hi there! So I've been stuck on this for about a week because I just recently joined fitness pal.

I am currently working 12 hour shifts, 3 times a week and I've been wondering how I should go about my schedule with when I should eat and when I shouldn't. I need someone who has lost weight while working graveyard shifts because I'm lost.

Okay so let's say my day starts around 2pm when I wake up. I eat "lunch" at 230pm and I have a snack around 430ish and then I have dinner around 530-6 before going into my shift at 7pm. Once at work I try to drink as much water as possible along with fruits to keep me full but if I feel like my body needs it I will sometimes eat at 2am (on my lunch) and I normally will have some chicken with veggies and some more fruit followed by my last break around 5am when I usually stick mainly to water and a cutie. When I get off at 730am I try to go straight to bed even if I'm hungry (which I think might not be good) and I usually wake up around 2-230pm to do it all over again. I'm just wondering if I'm consuming too much food!? Any ideas, suggestions, or tips on wether or not I'm doing okay or am I completely going about it the wrong way!!?? Help!

Replies

• jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all these calories? Are they within your daily allowance? I work weird shifts and eat at different times but as long as you are within your MFP calories, it doesn't matter.
  • Mitz_xo
    Mitz_xo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday., but yes I will definitely try and remember to log everything that I eat! Thank you
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    mitzii_boo wrote: »
    Hi there! So I've been stuck on this for about a week because I just recently joined fitness pal.

I am currently working 12 hour shifts, 3 times a week and I've been wondering how I should go about my schedule with when I should eat and when I shouldn't. I need someone who has lost weight while working graveyard shifts because I'm lost.

Okay so let's say my day starts around 2pm when I wake up. I eat "lunch" at 230pm and I have a snack around 430ish and then I have dinner around 530-6 before going into my shift at 7pm. Once at work I try to drink as much water as possible along with fruits to keep me full but if I feel like my body needs it I will sometimes eat at 2am (on my lunch) and I normally will have some chicken with veggies and some more fruit followed by my last break around 5am when I usually stick mainly to water and a cutie. When I get off at 730am I try to go straight to bed even if I'm hungry (which I think might not be good) and I usually wake up around 2-230pm to do it all over again. I'm just wondering if I'm consuming too much food!? Any ideas, suggestions, or tips on wether or not I'm doing okay or am I completely going about it the wrong way!!?? Help!

timing of meals is irrelevant.

It's the amount of calories consumed vs the time of the consumption.

As for being hungry...yah no need for that...eat something.

Log accurately and consistently (use a food scale) and stay in goal and you will lose weight.