"Insanity - Beach Body" calorie burn???

Options
Is anyone else doing insanity, and if so, what are you logging it as?

I've been doing insanity workouts 3-4 times a week and since there's no category for it in the Exercise Database I've been logging it as "circuit training, general". Thought it might be the closest exercise. But when I look up the calorie burn of insanity on different sites it usually says its a few hundred more. Which do you think is more accurate, are the other sites over-estimating the calorie burn? Since the intensity matters for calorie burn...thought I'd mention that I do the workouts as intense as possible, dripping sweat and exhausted by the end.

Replies

• e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just completed the Insanity program. You'd think you're burning hundreds of calories because of how brutally awful it is, but you're really not. I have a FitBit that I wore during workouts that accurately tracked my calories burned based on my heart rate. I found that I burned about half as many calories doing Insanity as I would running.

For example, if I did an hour of running, I'd burn 600 calories. (I'm about 100 calories/mile)

During insanity, I would burn about 300-350 calories in an hour-long video.

Bottom line: it's different for everyone. Even every video is different. Try this link to get an idea of where you might be at: http://insanitycalories.com/
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I found the above link, http://insanitycalories.com/, to be the most accurate. Didn't overestimate for me.
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The link doesn't seem to work for me?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I think the most I burned was a little over 400 cals and that prob was a month 2 workout
  • Treehugger_88
    Options
    Thanks guys. That's kind of what I was thinking...that the other insanity calculators were over-estimating. Means that when I've been logging it as "circuit training, general", it should be relatively accurate!
  • routesixtynine
    routesixtynine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why don't you use a heart rate like fit bit or some other equipment. Than you have the right info after every workout! If you doesn't stay within your 70/85% y will work for a better stamina and the calories will be totaly different. I myself never workout without my haert rate watch, and I never choose a exercise from data base I fill in my own just as it is shown on my watch
  • stephenieroyle
    stephenieroyle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Insanity the original or Insanity Max 30??
  • Treehugger_88
    Options
    Original
  • Kaydian2011
    Kaydian2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options