Bbg vs heavy lifting for fat loss

Options
Which kinda workout is better for fat loss??? I need to shed around 20-22 pounds and I am so bored for doing only cardio. I want to start lifting but not sure if I should wait till I lose some more weight and then start lifting. In the mean time should I do workouts like bbg??? It's so tempting coz you see so many amazing results of ladies on Instagram. But heavy lifting sounds more fun ...so please advice. Tia

Replies

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't know what bbg is. But no workout burns fat, a calorie deficit from your diet does that. Lifting weight helps to maintain muscle whilst you're dieting so the body doesn't burn muscle through it being underused and thinking it can use it for fuel. So if you want to do heavy lifting, do heavy lifting.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have no idea which would burn more calories (assuming that's what you're asking) but I would do heavy lifting over Beach Body, any day. When should you start? Yesterday.
  • pizzle421
    pizzle421 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bikini Body Guide apparently. Sounds like a concept invented to sell a product or service (infomercial stuff).
  • carrie197618
    carrie197618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's the bikini body guide by Kayla itsines. Lot of circuit workouts but not heavy lifting. Just wanted to know what would be a better programme to follow along with calorie deficit obviously
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting is more fun. the girls on IG doing the bikini body aren't your typical results. and diet for fat loss.