I feel like giving up!

Options
I have doing this since Mar 5 and I felt good I seen the scale going down. But now it's at a point where the scale is not moving much at all! I have been trying so hard and It upsets me that I am not losing much like I was. I still 11lbs I want to lose but now I am just thinking I am not doing something right! I exercise everyday I am eating lots of veggies some fruits also put some lean meat in my diet. I try to stay away from anything in a box pretty much. I don't know what else I can do.

Replies

• JButlerEagle
    JButlerEagle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Even when your behaviors are consistent, the weight loss is not linear... some weeks the scale doesn't budge. HANG in there! Focus on the good -- like that you're feeling better because of the changes you've been making.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so it's hard to help on what to do. With 11 lbs to go you should be aiming for about 1/2 lb lost per week. I'm guessing you want something much more aggressive than that - just be patient.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I think your expectations may be a bit unrealistic. With 11 pounds to lose and 4 weeks in, you can only reasonably expect to have lost, what, 2 pounds? Maybe a little more if you got the initial "whoosh" of water weight.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yeah, everyone loses a lot of weight at first and then it slows way down, particularly if you don't have that much to lose the first place. There just isn't that much room to go down when your TDEE is already pretty low.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a very good flow chart on these forums to help you determine where an issue concerning weight loss may be residing. Use the search function and type "flow chart" it is usually the first thing that the search returns. Take a peek at that and see if it applies. Don't give up, you can do this, it does work.
  • jennymstokes
    jennymstokes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My Dr put me on a plant based diet and I have dropped 12lbs.
  • jennymstokes
    jennymstokes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Okay. I have never really tried losing weight so I honestly don't know how it is suppose to go.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    If you want to learn what your body does with the food you eat, check out "Always Hungry?" by Dr. David Ludwig. It made a huge difference in the way I strategize and plan my diet and weight loss.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    If you feel bad now, you'll feel even worse if you give up.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Okay. I have never really tried losing weight so I honestly don't know how it is suppose to go.

Well, if your Dr told you to eat 850 calories a day, I'd question him on that. You had a total of 23 lbs to lose? This is a very restrictive diet.

If you don't have other medical considerations, put your stats into MFP and set a goal to lose 0.5 lb/week (recommended for approx. 10 lbs of weight to lose). MFP will give you a daily calorie amount.
    Weigh and measure all your food and log it. You can eat whatever you want; just log it.

If/When you exercise, eat about half the MFP stated calories on top of your usual daily calorie amount (Daily Calorie Allowance + 1/2 exercise calories = what you eat on that day).

You'll lose weight at a healthy average of 1/2 lb/week.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
    This is what I was thinking of
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    12 lbs since March 5th? That's ALOT. How is that slow? I've lost like 1/2 a pound in 3 months.

IMO you should readjust your expectations. Also, you should probably be eating more and have a less restrictive diet.