Calories from Fat, Question...

Options
Hello, I am on a 1200 calorie a day diet (prescribed by my doctor). If I ate a lunch that was high in calories from fat, what does that mean? In other words, how would that affect my diet if let's say, all of my meals added up to 1200 calories but my main meals had a high amount of calories from fat? What difference does good calories versus calories from fat make? Thank you

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fat isnt bad....
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    There are good fat and bad fat - saturated and unsaturated. Bad fat comes mostly from meats and dairy while good fat comes mostly from fruits, nuts, and grains. If you want to stay away from fat then stay away from fat from meats and dairy, they do nothing good for body. Unsaturated on other hand has many health benefits, it helps your blood pressure, keeps your hormone levels in check, etc. So if you exclude all fat from diet you are not making a favor to your body. Make sure to have at least 0.4 grams of fat per pound of lean body mass.

What comes to weight loss and staying fit, eating fat will not make difference. You will still lose body fat and stay in shape just as good if you would not ate fat.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't effect you at all as long as they are from real foods. Fat keeps you satiated so you can be successful only eating 1200 cals. Getting plenty of protein and fat along with carbs coming from veggies, fruit, and complex carbohydrate grains.