Keto Diet and HIIT

Hello, I'm doing a LCHF type diet trying to keep carbs below 50g and I do Turbofire. I drink a cup of BP coffee in the am and then workout. I have a lot of energy (hopefully I'm depleting my glycogen stores). Anyone else out there doing keto, BPIF, LCHF or similar and do HIIT type workouts. Any tips or tricks? I know they all say carbs fuel your muscles. But I know that healthy fat and good greens and protein and the carbs from those are great. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there and what you opinion on the matter is.

Replies

• drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Been on a keto diet for a month now. I lift hard every night and never have a problem with energy. But, this diet works differently with everyone.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Agree that YMMV. Some women don't do well with long-term keto diets or extended fasting, not to mention adding high-intensity exercise on top of all that (I'm one of them!). If you're feeling great, energetic, and meeting your goals, then keep with it! Just watch out for poor recovery, trouble sleeping, or disruptions in your cycle. Those'll be the first signs you're burning yourself out.