The Truth

Options
I've always thought that I was someone who just could lose weight no matter how hard I tried. It was just mY metabolism! It's my mom's fault! She has none whatsoever and I got my genetics from her. Well thanks to this app, I got a nice reality check letting me know I regularly eat 300 calories over my deficient I set for myself, thus cancelling it out. Ive been thinking that I've been eating 1200 calories for years and not losing a pound. Once I became religious about typing ever goddamned food, I looked at my history and saw that that was not the case. This is why, although I've worked my *kitten* off with exercise, I haven't seen real results. Sigh....I really liked blaming my metabolism... :D

Replies

• NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That is one tough pill to swallow isn't it.
    The tools available here are so much easier, than weighting each and every item on a food scale then logging everything in a note book and attempting to calculate calories burned...... That all use to take for flipping ever.

Welcome to MFP.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hear ya loud and clear. My moment was realizing a serving of almonds is 28 almonds... It ain't many