Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stretch Marked Belly Products? (No Surgery!)

Hi peeps!

I'm just wondering if anybody's tried anything in the past what has nearly worked perfectly for this?

I've lost weight before and used a cheaper version of bio oil and pregnancy cream before, which worked and reduced red marks over time. Of course I've done this before and may try it again but has anybody ever come across anything better?

Just curious, obviously don't expect a perfectly toned belly after the damage has already been done. But minimizing the look of the eyesore is probably ideal. Not looking to do this yet until I'm nearly done with the weight loss program though.

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you want motivation or whatever.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    No cream is going to do anything. Stretch marks are scars, permanent damage to the skin. But they fade over time and I've noticed with my weight loss in most areas they're barely noticeable for the most part. They no longer bother me (but I got to a place of body acceptance long before I started losing weight).
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    No cream is going to do anything. Stretch marks are scars, permanent damage to the skin. But they fade over time and I've noticed with my weight loss in most areas they're barely noticeable for the most part. They no longer bother me (but I got to a place of body acceptance long before I started losing weight).

This.

I've had 2 kids. My stretch marks ain't going anywhere. And that's perfectly okay. They will fade over time, and keeping your skin moisturized can help somewhat, though it's no magic bullet for getting rid of them. They're something that you will have to learn to live with and understand that most people have them for one reason or another. I have some very faint ones behind my knees that are the result of a growth spurt in my teens where my legs got longer. You can barely see them, but they're there.

Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine in the end.
  • K10D2015
    K10D2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Mine have faded but nothing has worked to make them go away and I don't believe they ever will. Just something I am learning to live with and accept.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Dermarolling works, either DIY (find the rollers on Amazon) or at a dermatologist (they use lasers for the same effect).
  • dickie150692
    dickie150692 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for answering peeps. :)