Diary public pls view my meal

Options
And tell me if I'm eating good or bad I'm trying to lose weight

Replies

• KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well first thing that stands out is you using cups and scoops instead of kitchen scale... Cups tend to be very off. Also generic entries as 'medium banana' or large egg tend to be quite misleading as well as prepackaged weight values that can be up to 25% wrong (eg. that chocolate bar thing). For instance what they call a large egg - 50 g is pretty medium sized (to me)...the store bought large ones I buy vary in weight anywhere from 48-63 grams... also why aren't you eating like proper complete meals? I didn't see you logging any oil? Aren't you cooking your food? All in all I think you are most likely eating more then you think on the account of not using scale. What you decide to eat is entirely up to you. It's about calories in-calories out.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Also I'm on 1200 diet (is it right choice for you? -i'm short and not very heavy)...and my diary is open.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    At a first glance, the food choices look generally good. I would increase the calorie budget a bit and start using a food scale though. How much do you have to lose? What are your stats, physical activity..etc?

The most important thing is that you like what you are eating and that it feels reasonably filling. No amount of outside opinions is going to be successful at judging how good your food choices are, because the most important part of a good food plan is sustainability. If you are eating things you don't like, or removing things you really like, you are not very likely to stick to it for long.

I would also suggest to stop stressing about how "good" or "bad" your food choices are. If you are getting at least some nutrient-rich foods (which you are) and are losing weight, your diet overall is good. Stress is very detrimental to dieting. Just eat what you like, include some veggies and protein (which you already do), stay under your calorie budget, and the rest of the pieces will fall into place. Singular food choices in a vacuum are not a good way to judge a diet.
  • wafajajo
    wafajajo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 125 lbs need to lose 10 lbs.
    food scale? Is it better?
    I do use olive oil on my fish or chicken when I bake them in the oven
    But I try to eat as healthy as I can and stay away from oil and frying
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Since you are trying to lose the last 10 pounds, your deficit is likely very tight and any some logging errors may cause you to not lose weight, or lose it so slowly that you don't notice the loss. A food scale (set to grams for better accuracy) will likely help with that. You also need to log any oil you use. A single tablespoon of olive you on your fish or chicken is an extra 120 calories.

You may find this helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soXsyUIk8_U