Trick to exercising longer

Options
13»

Replies

• MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have found it so successful to watch documentaries on obesity , weight loss, eating disorders while being on the elliptical. May sound crazy but it helps time go by faster usually 40 to 45 minutes and motivates me to stay strong. ❤

Great tip. I love watching success stories from youtube also haha
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    khh1138 wrote: »
    I usually read fiction on my kindle while on the bike or the elliptical. But this embarrassing thing happens - I cry easily, and when I read a touching part in a story, here I am at the gym in public crying. I've probably given quite a few people the wrong idea - that something really terrible is going on in my life or I just really hate cardio.

Awee hahah
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I change the tempo during commercials.

For gamers,

http://www.bluegoji.com
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist, but I really can't focus on anything else if I'm trying to work out. My husband watches shows on YouTube when he uses a cardio machine and I don't know how he does it. I saw a guy with an actual newspaper on the elliptical the other day and I just couldn't believe it for a while. I kept looking at him to make sure.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have to watch a show that doesnt require much thought. I tend to watch fishing style nature documentaries like River Montsers and something similar by national geographic. I know the hosts name is zeb but I can't recall the show name. Being entertained definitely helps me stick to my full 30 minutes.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I used to watch Game of Thrones or Sex and the City episodes and other shows while I was using my exercise bike at home. It really helped for me to distract my mind and exercise.

I think it's definitely boredom that stops me exercising for a long time. I feel it when I am outside running, I'm not in physical pain, so I can continue, but I'm bored so feel like giving up.
  • c123c
    c123c Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I watch videos of Beyoncé! Hahah (plus any other random crap I stumble upon on YouTube)