Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

True or False

Options

Replies

• PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    False, and I’d say that’s a good thing with my indecisive nature 🤣

TNP enjoys breakfast foods for dinner
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,880 Member
    Options
    True

TNP has made a pie from scratch
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,237 Member
    Options
    true, but that was a very long time ago

TNP has made a torte from scratch
  • cmsienk
    Options
    False

TNP has made Pâte à Choux for cream puffs
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    True... again, a very long time ago

TNP has made chocolate mousse and/or truffles
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    False

TNP has certain veggies you prefer eating raw instead of cooked
  • jfw6369
    jfw6369 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    True.

TNP lives in the Dallas Metro area.
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2023
    Options
    False

TNP has placed a mobile Starbucks order to save time, only to discover the lobby closed when you arrive, necessitating an additional wait in the drive thru lane in order to pick up your drink. (Next stop: the Irk thread) 😑
  • nossmf
    Options
    False

TNP has driven to a restaurant/store before closing time, only to discover upon arrival they changed their hours to close only minutes before your arrival
  • cmsienk
    Options
    True! This happened at my favorite Thai place just last week

TNP prefers jeans and sneakers to dressing up
  • nossmf
    Options
    Half-true - jeans yes, but I prefer my cowboy boots

TNP owns shoes that must be polished
  • frankwbrown
    edited April 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    TNP has placed a mobile Starbucks order to save time, only to discover the lobby closed when you arrive, necessitating an additional wait in the drive thru lane in order to pick up your drink. (Next stop: the Irk thread) 😑
    True. It happened a lot back during covid shutdown. But more recently, this happened:
    A local mall is open early for mall walking while all the stores are closed. I went there one morning when it looked like rain all day. One loop is around the mall is a half mile. My first time walking by the Starbucks there, I could see a barista inside. I wondered what time they opened and thought how convenient it would be to grab a drink for my walk. The second time by, I could see another person inside (looked like a maintenance person), apparently picking up a drink. During that loop, I confirmed on the Starbucks app that it was open, so I placed a mobile order. When I came around the third time, I could see my drink inside on the counter, but the door was locked. I banged on the door to get the barista's attention, and she signaled that I'd have to walk around and use their outward facing door. But the mall entrance doors at that point were still locked. I had to walk back to the maintenance door that gave me entry to the mall, exit the mall and then walk back down to Starbucks on the outside. Fortunately, it wasn't raining at this point, so I picked up my drink and finished my walk out in the mall's parking lot.
    nossmf wrote: »
    Half-true - jeans yes, but I prefer my cowboy boots

TNP owns shoes that must be polished
    True, one pair... for formal occasions, stuffed in a corner of the closet collecting dust.

TNP owned a pair of hip Kalso Earth Shoes in the 1970's (wide toe box, negative heel)
    n30ttedgavgt.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    False but sort of remember wearing some sort of platform shoes (for kids though)

TNP has attended a themed party and 'had' to dress up for it?
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    True

TNP makes lasagna from scratch.
  • rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Ther was a time when this was TRUE - made the pasta and the sauce. Been over 20 years though. so currently FALSE

TNP has created a ceramic object using a potters wheel
  • nossmf
    Options
    False, though I one time made an ashtray in school for my mom (who doesn't smoke)

TNP has built at least one piece of furniture they then used, however briefly (shelves, table, etc)
  • nanerkay
    Options
    False now but years ago I helped my dad make kitchen cabinets. He was a part time carpenter and woodwork. I miss them days so much 😞

TNP has worked as a truck driver?
  • nossmf
    Options
    False - though I once wanted to do so

TNP has their pilot license
  • nanerkay
    Options
    False

TNP likes to watch crime shows on TV
  • PAPYRUS3