Normal BMI for the first time in my life

Options
Today, my BMI is 24.9. I am aware of the limitations of BMI in terms of measuring health and optimal weight. But, I will be 30 years old soon, and this is the first time that my BMI has fallen in the normal range. I am still 15 pounds away from my goal weight, so I still have some work to do.

When I was 18, I weighed 240 pounds. I lost weight and got down to 150 pounds. I always thought I was destined to be fat or a little bigger, so I never really tried to go below 150 pounds. And, After having two kids, my weight ranged between 155 pounds to 190 pounds at various points. Four months ago, I weighed 160 pounds, and now I'm down to 145 pounds.

My ultimate goal is 120-130 pounds, but I will be on MFP and tracking my calories for a while, and hopefully I can maintain this approach in maintenance. After a lifetime of being overweight/obese, I need to re-learn how to eat and how much.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!